Ias

wajoda2002
wajoda2002 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
Good Afternoon,

I have read all the post on here re IAS revision and have read people saying about making cards up with key information. I have tried this numerous times on clock cards, large stickies and have now reverted back to my pad. For IAS1 I now have a A4 sheet of paper full of notes. Could someone give me an example of there previous revision?

thank you

Comments

• nonmugglesue
    nonmugglesue Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Are you doing it in the workplace or SIM? I did the SIM and I just thought about what I would do if I went into the company and put each problem in risk order and then just made changes
  • Joe Barraclough
    Joe Barraclough Registered Posts: 69 Epic contributor 🐘
    are you talking about the ICAS, thought you were at first but the more i read the less it sounded like it, if you are talking about the ICAS don't bother revising, you will be with the assessment for a long time and you will change your mind and essay several times, just start writing and move from there
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    wajoda2002 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon,

I have read all the post on here re IAS revision and have read people saying about making cards up with key information. I have tried this numerous times on clock cards, large stickies and have now reverted back to my pad. For IAS1 I now have a A4 sheet of paper full of notes. Could someone give me an example of there previous revision?

thank you

Hello

You are talking about learning the IAS/IFRS for Financial Statements. Unfortunately, I do not have any revision cards which I can share with you. When I studied for this exam (a while ago now) I just read and read the standards over and over and made lots of notes... a bit like your A4 sheet.

I know this doesn't help you and I do hope that someone else may have some study aid/cards which they can share with you.

Good luck with the exam, when do you sit it?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

Me again!

Have you looked at this... http://www.iasplus.com/standard/standard.htm

There is a section on this page that states: Summaries of Standards. Click on an IAS or IFRS number below to go to an unofficial summary of the standard. Please remember that the summaries of IASs and IFRSs only cover highlights and are not a substitute for reading the entire standard. They should not be relied on for preparing financial statements. The summaries reflect the latest revisions to the standard (including some revisions whose adoption is permitted but not yet required) unless otherwise stated.

This link is for IAS1 http://www.iasplus.com/standard/ias01.htm

There is still a large amount of information, however it is presented in sections with bullet points which may help you select key points for learning and revision purposes.

I hope you may find these summaries helpful.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    You may also wish to take a look at this link which was shared by another member of the forum

http://www.deloitteifrslearning.com/registration.asp
    Benjamin Franklin
  • wajoda2002
    wajoda2002 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thank you very much for your help and time Jo. My exam is 19th April. I'm ashamed to say, that this is my 3rd time sitting this exam, so I have taken a different approach to studying by writing and reading everything over and over...It's the last one I need to be MAAT so hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky :)
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

No worries - I enjoy helping other people and also find that it helps to consolidate my learning.

I wish you all the very best and hope you do pass this time :)

I find that the best way for me (most times) is to keep reading and writing everything out.
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy