Tax Guides - books or websites

janine1986
janine1986 Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any good books / websites for Tax guidance? I have been looking at Ernst & Young Tax Guide 2012 (book) Has anyone bought one of these books before and are they useful?

Thanks
Janine

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Hi Janine,

What sort of guidance are you looking for?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I tried to order Tolley's Tax Cases today and it was a right faff. Online system wouldn't accept my discount voucher so I had to call in. They don't sell without setting up an account even though I don't want credit. I already have an account with them for CPD services but apparently print media needs a second account. Then they still wanted me to send my letterhead or business card to confirm who I am even though I already have a CPD credit account with them.

To top it off, I sent the details and the email bounced back!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I tried to order Tolley's Tax Cases today and it was a right faff. Online system wouldn't accept my discount voucher so I had to call in. They don't sell without setting up an account even though I don't want credit. I already have an account with them for CPD services but apparently print media needs a second account. Then they still wanted me to send my letterhead or business card to confirm who I am even though I already have a CPD credit account with them.

To top it off, I sent the details and the email bounced back!

So that's a resounding recommendation for Tolley's, then? :lol:
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yes!

And to rub salt into the wound, after having resent the email (with business card attached) they called me yesterday to confirm my full name. It's on every email and the business card and already on my CPD account!

So much for getting that purchase in before the end of the tax year.

Tools!
Privacy Policy