BTX exam coming soon....

stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could give me any feedback/advice for the BTX exam? Has anyone sat this recently...how was it/how did you find it? I am due to sit this exam in a couple of weeks and would love as little surprises as possible.

Would really appreciate any feedback?

Thanks guys and girls your always a great help.

Steph

Comments

• NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Steph, I did my BTX exam just over a week ago. I thought it was very much like the practise exams, with all the same things in the same sections. I got a bit confused with a couple of the true/false type questions on submission dates and fines but I stuggled to remember this information anyway. Otherwise no major surprises. What me fail now I've said that :huh:

N
  • stephleedz
    Thank you NicF. I appreciate your feedback and honesty. Well if it makes you feel any better which I hope it does, I sat my PTX exam a little over 5 weeks ago (23/02) and found the true/false questions to also be a little alarming which is why I was so shocked when I found out I had passed after 5 horrible weeks of waiting (found out on Thursday). There was definitely more theory stuff in the PTX exam than I was prepared for.

May I ask did you have question on capital allowences and shares as your 2 'written questions'?

Thank you again for taking the time to ease my nerves a little.

Steph
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Steph, yes I had questions on Capital Allowances and shares as my two written questions. The shares one was for an individual but I believe you could also get one for a company.

N
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Steph,

This week I got my results for BTX from sitting it in Feb and my two written questions were on Capital Allowances & a company share pool.

The best advice I could give is practice the questions until you know the different calcs inside out then you will get no surprises!

Good Luck! x
  • stephleedz
    Thank you NicF and Louise89 I really appreciate all your help and advice.

Not sure what your guys have left if anything but good luck to both of you.

Steph x
Privacy Policy