ICAS Witness Testimony Letter

adiba
adiba Registered Posts: 53 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I used the AAT case study for my ICAS project and am not curently working in accounts, who can I ask to do my witness testimony letter for me? I didn't even realise I needed one till Kaplan told me, I thought it was just for people who based their project on their workplace.

Thanks!

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    When you do the case study your assessor is meant to provide the witness testimony. If Kaplan are marking it then they're the ones who should provide it. They are witnessing that they've seen the report at various stages during it's production and they're confident that it's your own work.
  • adiba
    Thanks coojee, will get in touch with Kaplan tomorow.
  • coojee
    They may also ask you to sign something to confirm it's your own work, maybe it's that they're referring to.
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Adiba

I have just uploaded my 3rd attempt for the ICAS project and I've used the case study.

On the first page of the case study that you download, there is a box that you have to click in to say it is all your own work and you also need to put your name and membership number etc at the bottom. This then gets uploaded with your project and mapping document.

Your assessor will also use that to sign to say they have witnessed it being your own work.

Hope that helps.
  • adiba
    Hi guys,

Just spoke to Kaplan this morning and have been told that my assesor can't complete the witness testimony for me and have to have a professional person do it...really confused now!
  • coojee
    adiba wrote: ยป
    Hi guys,

Just spoke to Kaplan this morning and have been told that my assesor can't complete the witness testimony for me and have to have a professional person do it...really confused now!

Well they're wrong but you won't get them to admit it. There must be some other Kaplan learners on here who've done the case study, how did you all get round this?
  • adiba
    Hi guys,

Finally sorted out someone who can write the witness testimony for me, I've asked the director of a local charity that I do some volnteering for and he's agreed to do it for me.... but was exactly needs to be included in the letter?
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I did the case study via another distance learning provider and I didn't have to provide a witness letter. I know plenty of other students who have completed the case study with Kaplan and a variety of other providers. Although some people have a telephone interview ( I did) I don't know of anyone sitting the case study who required a testimony letter from a third party.

If I was you I would email your tutor asking them to clarify why a witness testimony is required as you have sat a case study and also copy AAT in on the mail asking them to confirm that this is the standard procedure for all students.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Check with the AAT because I believe that, when you upload to LearnPlus, you actually confirm that the work is your own unaided work.

Many providers, like us at Cardiff and Vale College, will use plagiarism detectors to check the work is unique and, to be honest, anyone who cheats at this level deserves to be found out and reported. This report is there to bring it all together and, to be honest, its reputation as being the hardest unit is undeserved. It is a hard unit BUT it draws on everything that you've studied for 3 years and, as my students always tell me, it is hard to start the report, but very, very difficult to finish because you keep finding things to write about (especially with the case study provided by the AAT).

As I say, check with the AAT before you go any further.
Privacy Policy