Credit Card Payment

Yazi
Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi

Hope everyone had a good break.

I bought something online and only part of the order was in stock. The other item is only due to be in stock hopefully in May.

The company have taken the total of the order from my credit card. Just wondered if anyone knows of any rules or regulations regarding this.

Yazi

Comments

• villapb
    villapb Registered Posts: 357
    hi yazi the company are in breach of contract, as you made an offer for the full order and they have made a counter offer ie part of the order missing, thay can take any payment until you have agreed with counter offer, ie they have should have come back to and told you of the situation and go from there. What they have done is a cheek and id be onto the phone to them and go from there........
  • villapb
    villapb Registered Posts: 357
    sorry they CANT take any payment even for the part they had until you agree you are happy...........offer was for full order, so many companies think they can do what they want.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Is the received part and your overall enjoyment of the product fundamental to the supply of the non-received part i.e. you have a table top but no legs?

If you paid by credit card and there's no guarantee the remainder of the order will even be in stock in a month's time, I'd consider making a full reimbursement claim through the credit card supplier. Contact them and find out your rights.
Privacy Policy