Indirect tax revision time

Options
amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all,

I have my Indirect Tax exam coming up and am just about to start revising. How long do you think I need? I want to feel confident but dont want to give myself too much time to panic!

There is a slot for the 23rd April or the 30th, I know everyone is different but any guidelines from people that have done this exam would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    amyjayne27 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have my Indirect Tax exam coming up and am just about to start revising. How long do you think I need? I want to feel confident but dont want to give myself too much time to panic!

There is a slot for the 23rd April or the 30th, I know everyone is different but any guidelines from people that have done this exam would be great.

Thanks

If you've done the learning and nothing strikes you as a massive area of confusion then I'd say to book the earlier slot - it's a small module and not one of the hardest level 3 exams (by general consensus).

A massive tip (ifyou haven't done it already) is to look on the practice tests on th AAT website and look at all the information that you are given in the exam - a lot of the facts and figures are there, which helps with the amount you need to actually remember by heart.

Good luck!
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Amy, the indirect tax exam has a lot of information available in the exam. It's more an excerise in being able to look up the relevant information and apply it correctly than remembering the info. It depends on how much you've done already, how much time you have to study and how easy you find the material but I would say you should be fine with the 23rd.

Good luck
    Nicola
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    SarahJS wrote: »
    If you've done the learning and nothing strikes you as a massive area of confusion then I'd say to book the earlier slot - it's a small module and not one of the hardest level 3 exams (by general consensus).

A massive tip (ifyou haven't done it already) is to look on the practice tests on th AAT website and look at all the information that you are given in the exam - a lot of the facts and figures are there, which helps with the amount you need to actually remember by heart.

Good luck!

Totally Agree,
    When we did this at college, it was done in 2 weeks. As this used to be a level 2 exam.
    just learn the information and the Boxes for the VAT Return.
    The exam is quite small, but take your time, fill in the answers and I went back over the information and double checked the answers

Good Luck
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies I appreciate your advice!

I did my practice exam last night and the one thing I cannot get my head around is partial exemption and the de minimis limit. This is just going right over my head!

Fingers crossed I'll be okay on this one, I just really hate exams!
Privacy Policy