AP1 Practice CBT

turbo_sammie
turbo_sammie Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
Has anyone tried taking the practice CBT for AP1 on the AAT website? It tells me I've not passed every time I take it, and I felt confident that I'd passed the last time so I checked the answers and can't see that I got more than 3 or 4 answers wrong! I want to believe that there's something wrong with the CBT (rather than me being incompetent!), has anyone else had this problem?!

Thanks.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Sammie

I have not used the AP1 CBT for quite some time. What you could do is print the questions off, answer them and then mark/refer to the answers to see what you have got wrong.

Hope this helps.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Sammie

A lot will depend on what it is your getting wrong, I know it sounds silly but one of the wrong questions maybe the highest marked and therefore it will always show you haven't passsed. I know the fixed asset register is quite a large mark but also the control accounts.

I agree with what Jo says print off and match up and see which questions are your weekest.

Good luck

Jan
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I had this once, I'd compared all my answers before submitting and knew I only had afew wrong (just a few boxes, not full questions wrong). I can't really understand how I failed that time, but I copied all the answers across from the solutions and passed that time. Maybe you're just getting an unlucky combination of answers wrong that is just enough to fail you.
  • dyzio
    dyzio Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hey sammie, I tried the CBT yesterday and they did not work on my computer. I go as far as the explanation of what to do, and that's it. There are no buttons to click to start the test, so I reckon that something is wrong with the website...
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Dyzio, you need to make your browser window full screen. If you are using Internet Explorer try pressing F11. If you use one of the other browsers you might need to go in to a tools menu and select full screen.

Nicola
  • SarahJS
    dyzio wrote: »
    Hey sammie, I tried the CBT yesterday and they did not work on my computer. I go as far as the explanation of what to do, and that's it. There are no buttons to click to start the test, so I reckon that something is wrong with the website...

There is a start button, but unless your have the page full screen you won't see it! Not the best layot to sit at home!
  • dyzio
    I didn't even think of that! Thanks! Will try again.
  • dyzio
    Hi guys,
    So I did like you said, it worked... And I passed! So now i think it's all ok. ;)
  • SarahJS
    dyzio wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    So I did like you said, it worked... And I passed! So now i think it's all ok. ;)

Great news, good luck for the real thing!
Privacy Policy