Industrial and Provident Societies

Options
anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi folks

Does anyone have experience of filing Industrial and Provident Society accounts?

I have been asked to act for a community village shop which is registered as a "Friendly Society" under the "Industrial and Provident Act 1965" and has an IPxxxxxR number but no other information is listed on Companies House website.

I believe that the accounts are filed with the FSA Mutuals Public Register, but can't see any obvious means of uploading accounts to the website, so guess that it is just a case of posting them a set of the accounts once finalised.

Am I missing anything?

Anna
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Just check the rule book, we had to give up a mutual society because they had to have accounts prepared by a registered auditor even if they aren't audited.

If you're ok to do the accounts then we just had to post the accounts to the FSA with the annual return - no electronic filing was possible.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Thank you! I was just reading the website and noticed a bit about Auditors, but don't think that the last accountant was an auditor, so need to investigate further.

Might give the FSA a call for clarification.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy