CF10 for 2011-2012

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi

Has anyone saved the form CF10 for last year onto their computer - (Small Earnings Exemption for Class 2 NIC). I have two new clients who traded for 6 weeks at the end of the tax year and are both below the threshold.

HMRC have updated their website and you can only download the 2012-2013 form now.

Anna
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

I've sent you a PM.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Emailed you what I've got.

I didn't realise the CF10 was year-specific...

Oh yeah, so it is. Me being me, would just manually change the year on it...
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It's too late to use the old CF10. They are for advanced applications only. Now the year end has passed they will want to see accounts to show that the profit was below the threshold.
  • anniem
    Thanks all! Dean they aren't set up to pay NIC2 yet, one of them hasn't registered as self employed yet! I was just hoping to send all the forms in together so they would start paying from 6 April 2012.

Any suggestions?
  • Moominyak
    Moominyak Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    HMRC CF10 (2012-13) is actually still for 2011-12... I think!
    anniem wrote: »
    Hi
    HMRC have updated their website and you can only download the 2012-2013 form now.
    Anna

Just checked, and although it says it's for 2012-13, the form actually states:

"What are your expected net earnings from
    self-employment for the period from 6 April 2011 to
    5 April 2012? This should be below £5,315 *"

(should be £5,595 for 12-13)

I was looking for the 2012-13 form t'other day as I've just registered for SA... and this is what I found. I've printed it out anyway and just changed it with a pen... but hopefully they'll put the real 2012-13 one up soon.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :blushing:
  • anniem
    It says by box 12 on the form which year it relates to.
  • Moominyak
    Moominyak Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yup... that's where I copied and pasted that bit from.... so it is still the 2011-12 form on the HMRC website, even though the link says 2012-13. They aim to confuse us!
  • anniem
    Moominyak wrote: »
    They aim to confuse us!

and they never fail to succeed! :lol:
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    anniem wrote: »
    Thanks all! Dean they aren't set up to pay NIC2 yet, one of them hasn't registered as self employed yet! I was just hoping to send all the forms in together so they would start paying from 6 April 2012.

Any suggestions?

If you want them to pay then don't send in form CF10, just send in the direct debit mandate. If they were below the threshold for 2011/12 (remember this threshold is prorated if they commenced mid way through the year) then state that in a covering letter. It will be confirmed when you submit the tax return.
  • anniem
    If you want them to pay then don't send in form CF10, just send in the direct debit mandate. If they were below the threshold for 2011/12 (remember this threshold is prorated if they commenced mid way through the year) then state that in a covering letter. It will be confirmed when you submit the tax return.

OK, will do that. Thanks Dean
Privacy Policy