Child Support Agency

So I've just received a letter from the CSA addressed to my office but made 'FAO: Mr Andrew Nigel Other', (n.b. I've changed the name to protect the miscreant... sorry, I mean, innocent) and the letter goes on to say that they are trying to trace 'Mr Andrew Other'.

I suspect they're writing here because we're the registered office address of the company that this chap owns and runs and, being a director, he's on the P35 so they've probably got the info from HMRC.

Now, the letter says (basically) 'is this guy employed at your address'?

Well, no he isn't. So should I A) ust write back and say 'no', B) should I write back and say 'no, but he is a client, would you like his address' or should I C) write back and say 'this isn't the employers address, we're a firm of accountants, sorry'.

Cheers guys.

Mike.

Comments

• cheapaccounting
    cheapaccounting Registered Posts: 77 Regular contributor ⭐
    I would have to look up as to what you can and can't divulge to e.g. CSA etc. Might be worth a quick call to AAT compliance department on this one IMO. Unless someone has the rules to hand.
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    How about option D) forward to the client and let them deal with it. Covered on confidentiality issues then.

Regards

Dean
  • cheapaccounting
    If it is addressed to him then you can but it is is addressed to say occupier I am not sure ... there may be obligations to answer.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Dean wrote: »
    How about option D) forward to the client and let them deal with it. Covered on confidentiality issues then.

Regards

Dean

Sorry should have said, 'tipping off' is a big no-no.
  • cheapaccounting
    jamesm96 wrote: »
    Sorry should have said, 'tipping off' is a big no-no.

That was the expression I was looking for - having a bit of a senior / blonde type day today LOL

(can someone tell me how to get the emoticons to work and my pic to show please !!) xx
  • Dean
    Tipping off isn't a factor.

CSA are writing to your client. You are merely a service address and forwarding correspondence or have I mis-understood you?

Regards

Dean
  • jamesm96
    That was the expression I was looking for - having a bit of a senior / blonde type day today LOL

(can someone tell me how to get the emoticons to work and my pic to show please !!) xx

What 'no-no' :001_tt2:

Emoticons: You need to 'go advanced'. Or is that not what you meant?

Avatar: Click 'Settings' > 'Edit Avatar'

Though, I can't help but feel that's not what you meant; you're surely a sufficiently experienced forum user to know those tips?
  • jamesm96
    Dean wrote: »
    Tipping off isn't a factor.

CSA are writing to your client. You are merely a service address and forwarding correspondence or have I mis-understood you?

Regards

Dean

No I don't think you've misunderstood; I just like to take a great deal of caution where this sort of issue is concerned... I don't like being sued.
  • cheapaccounting
    What 'no-no' :001_tt2:

Emoticons: You need to 'go advanced'. Or is that not what you meant?

Avatar: Click 'Settings' > 'Edit Avatar'

Though, I can't help but feel that's not what you meant; you're surely a sufficiently experienced forum user to know those tips?

I do not see the edit avatar in advance as I would expect from other forums. I can only add an avatar to a post title. Weird
  • cheapaccounting
    avatar sorted - I thought the profile pic went to avatar automatically. Nope

I meant - I can only add an emoticon to a post title. Weird
  • Dean
    I just like to take a great deal of caution where this sort of issue is concerned... I don't like being sued.

I'd be more worried about opening a letter that isn't addressed to you?

I can totally understand your trail of thought and I don't mean to sound 'funny'.

Regards

Dean :thumbup:
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    avatar sorted - I thought the profile pic went to avatar automatically. Nope

I meant - I can only add an emoticon to a post title. Weird

The emoticons are based on a list. If you know what smiley you want, you can add it, otherwise there is a posting rules list at the bottom of the thread with a link to the smileys. if you click on it, it will open in a new tab/ window and show you the different smileys and the first column shows what to type.

The link for the smileys is http://forums.aat.org.uk/misc.php?do=showsmilies.

Hope that helps!
  • cheapaccounting
    Rinske wrote: »
    The emoticons are based on a list. If you know what smiley you want, you can add it, otherwise there is a posting rules list at the bottom of the thread with a link to the smileys. if you click on it, it will open in a new tab/ window and show you the different smileys and the first column shows what to type.

The link for the smileys is http://forums.aat.org.uk/misc.php?do=showsmilies.

Hope that helps!

A practice ... :001_tt2:

Yeah - thank you
Privacy Policy