IRIS 10.9 update

Dean
Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Mike I think you use IRIS. What do you think of the new update?

Big thumbs up from me. The new splash screen with 'interactive data' really is quite useful. We were tickering with the idea of leaving IRIS and trying out Taxcalcs accts production. This may well keep us but, never say never!

Regards

Dean

Comments

• groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    We use IRIS and I'm very happy with the update. It is bloody expensive but for what you get I think its value for money and certainly wouldnt consider any other software
  • Dean
    It is expensive and with other solutions out there I'm not so sure it is value for money. Certainly can't fault what it does.

Regards

Dean
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Do any of you know how different it is to PTP, I get the feeling that they've used everything from Iris to ixbrl and I wonder how different (apart from price) it is now?
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Yeah we use Iris. I did a suitable 'ooh' when I saw the new layout but, if I'm being very honest, I've not had a massive use for the live updates yet. That said I probably havent had enough of a play around with it yet. You've found them useful?

I wondered about the PTP thing too... Their pricing is astonishing by comparrison, but I can't imagine it has the same functionality.
  • Bluewednesday
    There must be some difference, although the basic list is still the same.

I was surprised to find not all ixbrl software e files at Companies House for you, I assumed as PTP did that they all did. I have to say I've been really happy with it and wonder what functionality you get for the extra money.
  • jamesm96
    There must be some difference, although the basic list is still the same.

I was surprised to find not all ixbrl software e files at Companies House for you, I assumed as PTP did that they all did. I have to say I've been really happy with it and wonder what functionality you get for the extra money.

So, do you use PTP then? DO you use the 'Professional Office' module? And what's the integration like between the tax and accounting modules?
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    We just downloaded the new update overnight and we like it! I like the Institute News section on the homepage, great to see AAT is included there. It's good to be able to get news updates from all the Institutes/Associations rather than just the one/s you are subscribed too.

At first glance the actual modules - Accounts Prep. Personal Tax etc - don't seem to have changed very much, but we haven't had much chance to play with it yet.
  • jamesm96
    We just downloaded the new update overnight and we like it! I like the Institute News section on the homepage, great to see AAT is included there. It's good to be able to get news updates from all the Institutes/Associations rather than just the one/s you are subscribed too.

At first glance the actual modules - Accounts Prep. Personal Tax etc - don't seem to have changed very much, but we haven't had much chance to play with it yet.

No I'd agree (and then, why would they have changed them much anyway?) I've used Accounts Production and Business Tax a fair amount this week and can't see much change. It's just prettier!
  • Bluewednesday
    So, do you use PTP then? DO you use the 'Professional Office' module? And what's the integration like between the tax and accounting modules?

Well I guess that's one of the differences, we don't have a professional office module. Integration between the 2 is no problems at all, work off a launcher and it imports the data into the tax program from the accounts production.

I've never used Iris so was just interested to see what I am missing out on!
  • jamesm96
    Well I guess that's one of the differences, we don't have a professional office module. Integration between the 2 is no problems at all, work off a launcher and it imports the data into the tax program from the accounts production.

Yeah I've got the same problem in reverse; I've never used PTP. Though I'm considering investing in it very soon for my MiP purposes. Is there anything that it doesn't do that you'd like it to?
  • Bluewednesday
    It's difficult to say as I don't know what Iris does that you find useful. I can tag accounts, most of which is automatic, I can e file to Companies House which I find really useful, I get all the support I need, as I suspect you do with Iris.

I'm not sure if there's anything i would want to do that it doesn't do as I've always worked with it, it's certainly enough for our limited company clients. We could use it for sole traders but I tend not to although I may start some of the more complicated ones on there.
  • Dean

You're probably missing out on the price tag! Having said that, all the update courses I go on always seem to mention IRIS are the first to "cope" with latest developments.

We are thinking of giving Taxcalc's accts production a go.

Regards

Dean
Privacy Policy