Printers

JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    We just got a Kodak Hero series printer, when we compared expected print figures to HP, costs were about about half.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I can't open your link so not sure whether you are looking for an inkjet or laser. I have just purchase an HP Officejet 8600 Plus which does two sided printing, copying and scanning. It was £269 then had a £70 cashback offer. I also purchased a second tray so that I can keep headed paper in one tray.

Since I purchased it it has been recommended on both accounting web and the UK Business Forum.

Misco, who I purchased from, sent me a price comparision on the use of this inkjet with a laser printer, which I can post on to this thread if you are interested?
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I did a lot of research for printers and the best laser I could find previously with good toner prices was a Dell 1320cn. Dell have discountnued it because there were very good compatible toners around and Dell are known for the difficulty in finding compatible toners. Toners are around £15 each for compatible rather than £70.

I bought 1 and was imppressed. When I wanted another I had to source a second hand one as due to the above but this has been completely fine. Both were around £100.

At home I have a Kodak hero 5.1 as its compact and wireless and again ink is cheap.
    Regards,

Burg
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    burg wrote: »
    At home I have a Kodak hero 5.1 as its compact and wireless and again ink is cheap.

That's the one we got, and there's a wide range of Hero printers. Kodak made a big point about printing costs being much less than competitors.

When I looked figures it said 400 prints per cartridge, which was really good being double or triple ones we compared to, for similarly priced inks.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    YEs Pretty good printer and not too slow for an inkjet. The Dell's are brilliant though. Only down fall is not auto duplex and you cannot add more paper trays.
    Regards,

Burg
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    PGM wrote: »
    That's the one we got, and there's a wide range of Hero printers. Kodak made a big point about printing costs being much less than competitors.

When I looked figures it said 400 prints per cartridge, which was really good being double or triple ones we compared to, for similarly priced inks.

For home use you cannot beat Kodak - we have an ESP and it is by far the best piece of kit I've had in a printer in years
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks for the replies - Sue that's the one in the link (dont' know why the link didn't work!) and I looked at it in PC world today and it does look lovely. and great to know you can have the second tray too for scrap/headed paper.

haven't made my mind up yet though!
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have copied below the costs that I was quoted. The second tray is placed underneath the printer.

I have started printing most of my documents two sided and some I have been able to put into booklet format and print four documents onto one sheet of paper.

It is not as good a quality as a laser printer, althought I have not yet tried it with the colourlok paper they recommend.

If you want full auto duplex you need to make sure you go for the plus option.

HP cm1415fnw cartridges are £44.99 for the black that will print upto 2000 pages at a 5% coverage
    £41.66 each for colours that will print upto 1300 pages at a 5% coverage

HP 8600e all in one are £18.33 for the black that will print upto 2300 pages at a 5% coverage
    £13.33 each for the colours that will print upto 1500 pages at a 5% coverage
Privacy Policy