Professional ethics and spreadsheets to go....

amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hey all, as you prob know from my other post I have got my indirect tax on Monday, then all that's left is professional ethics and spreadsheets. I did professional ethics on the old standard but really annoyingly it doesn't count on the new so I have to take it again.

I am hoping to be done by end of June latest and thought a month on each unit would be enough. I am a home distance learned so have no dates to stick to as such, just want to get them out of the way as soon as possible and wanted any advice if possible. Thanks alot

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Definately do the spreadsheets module next, as it is marked by a human not instantly by a computer, so can take up to 6 weeks to get marked. If you passed professional ethics before I'm sure you'll be able to pass it again!

The end of June is very achievable, and I'm sure you'll get there.
  • amyjayne27
    Ah brilliant thank you Sarah I will definately do that! Have you done the spreadsheets exam? Did you find it okay? I wanted to submit work based evidence but my boss thinks it would be better for me to sit the exam for some reason!

I hated ethics the first time round found it very boring so sure I'll find it boring again! Really not sure why it didnt count on the new standards, it must be very different.

Good luck with your studies too!
  • SarahJS
    Ah brilliant thank you Sarah I will definately do that! Have you done the spreadsheets exam? Did you find it okay? I wanted to submit work based evidence but my boss thinks it would be better for me to sit the exam for some reason!

I hated ethics the first time round found it very boring so sure I'll find it boring again! Really not sure why it didnt count on the new standards, it must be very different.

Good luck with your studies too!

I've done the SPSW exam, and as long as you're reasonably comfortable with Excel it shouldn't be a problem really. I found a few things I didn't know about before (pivot tables mainly) but I didn't find the exam too hard, plenty of time to play around and make sure things are as they should be!

I found ethics to be the easiest level 3 exam by far (I know apprentices have to take it at level 2 so that may be why), boring but not too hard!
  • amyjayne27
    I use excel daily but really basic stuff, so hopefully even though some things will be new to me it wont be too difficult!

Yeah the first time I did it it wasn't too bad just very dry!

What modules have you taken so far then?
  • SarahJS
    I've just finished level 3, and I sat Personal Tax last week. I'm currently sat learning Budgeting and Financial Performance for my exams next week. I'm not too much of a fan on management accounting so not enjoying it too much!

How about you? Good luck for Indirect Tax!
  • amyjayne27
    Ah well done you going straight onto level 4! I'm going to start level 4 straight away too so I am not tempted to stop! I am going to take both taxes as me and my boss both thought it would benefit me most. How are you finding level 4? Apparently its a big step up from 3?
  • SarahJS
    If I don't go straight on I might give up! I'm also taking both tax modules as I'm starting ATT with my new job next month.

So far I've not found level 4 a huge step up, but I haven't had results yet. The only area I'm not too sure of is the written answers, because I'm a self studier so have no idea what my answers are really like and how to improve them. I haven't started Financial Statements yet though, which I think will be the hardest module!
  • amyjayne27
    Hahah I will be the same too I will start straight away hopefully! ATT will be interesting and will add another qualification to your name which is always a good thing. Its so annoying you dont get instant results like at level 2/3 bet the waiting is awful! So you are in an accounts related role at work then?
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Am to sit the SPSW exam on Tuesday - one thing we have had drilled into us is the absolute need to place our name and AAT student number in the footer of each spreadsheet. But as Sarah has said, end of June should be achievable, we have ITX and CMGT and currently studing PEAF and our final exam is 5th July - so go for it and good luck!! :001_smile:
  • amyjayne27
    Thanks mark that's really good advice will take that on board when I start that module! Will stick to my aim of end of June then, would love to get level 3 done and dusted! Good luck with your studies also.
Privacy Policy