Costs and Revenues Revision Tips

mattwilkes85
mattwilkes85 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Does anyone have any advice/tips for the Costs and Revenues exam. It's the only one I'm really struggling with to remember everything. Can anyone who has done the exam let me know if it is similar to the online practice ones, or what resources they found useful when revising. I've got the exam in a months time and can't seem to grasp most of it at the moment.

Thanks

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Matt

Have a search of the forum as there are several posts regarding the Costs and Revenues module.

In short, my advice would be to learn the formula, practice them and practice again.

Attempt the questions available on greenlight and also the practice assessment.

The practice exam is similar to the actual exam but there are elements where the layout/format is different. Try not to panic and you will be fine.

I'll try and find the other posts and add the links here later.

In the meantime I am sure you will find other students will be happy to share their experiences and provide advice/feedback.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • dave13
    dave13 Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
    I passed Cost and Revenues in March my last module at level 3. I found the resources in the AAT learning zone and green light area very useful. Most of the course material I learnt from Osborne Books (tutorial and workbook) and their online revision resource. To remember most of stuff I just kept doing the exercises once I had worked through the Osborne books and eventually they all sunk in.
    I hope this is of help and good luck with the exam.
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    This:
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    In short, my advice would be to learn the formula, practice them and practice again.

Attempt the questions available on greenlight and also the practice assessment.

The practice exam is similar to the actual exam but there are elements where the layout/format is different. Try not to panic and you will be fine.
    JC :o

Is absolutely solid advice - learning the formula helped me so much as the exam can throw a spanner in the works as the layout was not the same as the practice papers.
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I second (or third) that - make sure you thoroughly learn the content and don't get used to the layout of the practice exams too much. I found with my exam the content was the same but was presented and worded different, so if I had just learned the layout and not so much the content I wouldn't have passed.

Good luck, as long as you revise thoroughly you will be fine.
  • torresgbr
    torresgbr Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    I agree with Amy.
    I sat mine in Feb. I found the questions worded a little different. Just follow all the advice above and you'll be fine

Good Luck
Privacy Policy