Does anyone use HMRC online tax software for SA100/SA800/CT600?

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I'm curious to know if it has improved at all and how people get on with it?

Anna
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have just used it for SA100 last week for a friend. I prefer our PTP software but it's ok.

Is it available for the CT returns? I don't know as I've only ever used PTP since online filing came along.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SA100 yes, they are ok to use. SA800 - you can't do them online using HMRC software.
  • cheapaccounting
    cheapaccounting Registered Posts: 77 Regular contributor ⭐
    nope - use BTC

Much easier and better output for client IMO
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Btc?
  • cheapaccounting
  • Ronnie
    Ronnie Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    I use it for personal tax returns, as don't have many. Works okay. However, HMRC don't do partnership tax returns online, so these are paper submissions.
  • K H
    K H Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    I use both for individuals and Companies and am very pleased with it. I get my clients to sign and date the tax calculation before i file it for them.
    The software for companies allows you to file accounts at companies house and to hmrc at the same time.
    I found it a bit daunting at first and had a few trial runs but i think i have now got to grips with it.

K H
  • Ronnie
    Ronnie Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    I download and email the draft tax return and tax calculation to my client, and request them to email me back their authority to file it online with HMRC. I then email them both the htm and PDF copies of the filed version to keep. Annoyingly, the PDF filed version does not include their name and address at the top of the form, whereas these details are shown on the htm version. I save a copy of both (the htm version is more like a check list and easier to read through quickly, whereas the PDF version is like a paper tax return format) plus the submission reference. I normally only print the tax calculation, on which I write the submission reference/date/time.

The tax calculation part is useful. HMRC hold some but not all personal details input online the previous year.
  • cheapaccounting
    Does anyone use electronic signature tools like Echo Sign – we find this invaluable and clients love it. Saves loads of time as well.

:thumbup1:
Privacy Policy