acca people

This guy at work at work is acca and looks down his nose at aat, he gave me a load of data imputting on excel to check, i mean loads. Should have seen his face when i used speak cells, which he never knew existed and i flew through it and everyone asking whats that you using..........where did you find that. You cant be aat and experience lol...................

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oh no - here we go again.......
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Oh no - here we go again.......

Haha!! I'd forgotten how much you enjoy the 'AAT vs ACCA' posts on here!
  • villapb
    villapb Registered Posts: 357
    He did say though, he thought Sheff Utd automatic thingy bob............just a little rant sorry, about acca or facca.
  • cheapaccounting
    cheapaccounting Registered Posts: 77 Regular contributor ⭐
    Looking down your nose is not a professional body trait - IMO it is a trait of a person

Most people are nice, a few are blooming horrible and best avoided as life is far too short.

When you do have to interact, always do it with a huge smile on your face. It winds them up something rotten :lol::lol:
  • ademoore
    ademoore Registered Posts: 146 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Looking down your nose is not a professional body trait - IMO it is a trait of a person

Most people are nice, a few are blooming horrible and best avoided as life is far too short.

When you do have to interact, always do it with a huge smile on your face. It winds them up something rotten :lol::lol:

I so whole heartedly agree with this one!

I met a lady the other weekend, and it was just an experience that will be with me for a while!
    As said by Elaine, sometimes it's just best to smile and let it go!
  • cheapaccounting
    I think it is hard work to be horrible. It takes more muscles to frown than smile - I think I must just be lazy :001_tt2:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

And often lack ability so hide behing a qualification.

Always reminds me of Cartman and his authority...

ps what are speaking cells??? ACCA must have forgot to teach us these, but we know everything else! :D
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

- Einstein.

We all have our own unique talents eh ?
  • cheapaccounting
    uknitty wrote: »
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

- Einstein.

We all have our own unique talents eh ?

well said
  • BobJolly
    BobJolly Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sadly, ACCA never knew if it were coming or going. Years ago it wanted to be like CIMA (even though most of it's members worked in accounting offices). Then later it tried to be like ICAEW and even tried to merge with them. Gave that up so tried to merge with CIMA (as it is known today). It was so poor of how it saw itself it tried advertising on TV. Yes, true. They are still muddled and it only goes to show what you have said. No ACCA name appears as CEO of any of the top 100 plcs and not one at the top of any government body. QED!!!! However, if you tell the bloke on the Clapham Omnibus that you are an Accounting Technician he know exactly what that means and that you are respectably qualified and not making out you are something that you are not. It's students are the least likely to qualify out of all the professional bodies because of the number game it plays.
  • Bluewednesday
    BobJolly wrote: »
    However, if you tell the bloke on the Clapham Omnibus that you are an Accounting Technician he know exactly what that means .

Unfortunately I don't believe this to be the case, this is what half the people on this board complain about.

Proud to be ACCA and AAT and a nice person who doesn't look down her nose at anyone!!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Proud to be ACCA and AAT and a nice person who doesn't look down her nose at anyone!!

And so you should be. It is nothing to do with the qualification and all to do with the individual involved. We all know that it takes a lot of bloody hard work to achieve ACCA (I have read ALL of Glynis' posts - so I know this is the case!)

I know that I don't have the inclination to study for ACCA, mainly because it would completely muck up my MIP with AAT, but that is to do with their regulations not anything to do with the attitude of ACCA people. All the ACCA people I know are very nice.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • villapb
    pgm, excel, file, options, customize ribbon, commands not in ribbbon, go to the five "speak cells"..............great for checking data on excel and ticking it off on a sheet, but guess acca wouldn,t need it lol..........only kidding.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    villapb wrote: »
    pgm, excel, file, options, customize ribbon, commands not in ribbbon, go to the five "speak cells"..............great for checking data on excel and ticking it off on a sheet, but guess acca wouldn,t need it lol..........only kidding.

Thank you, I can't speak for all of my brethren, but we'd normally use a menial to do this.

;)
  • villapb
    Thats me..............lol, as long as i get paid id do the cleaning and wash cars for you acca guys and gals.
  • cheapaccounting
    Thats me..............lol, as long as i get paid id do the cleaning and wash cars for you acca guys and gals.

what will you do for a proper accountant - an ACA :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Runs away very quickly :wink::wink:
  • villapb
    Well Emma after looking at your website, i reckon you have got an expensive car........
  • villapb
    opps sorry Elaine, just blushed ................where did i get Emma from
  • cheapaccounting
    Well Emma after looking at your website, i reckon you have got an expensive car........
    opps sorry Elaine, just blushed ................where did i get Emma from

Ah bless - stick to numbers not names hey :001_tt2:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

I can't decide whether Elaine drives a Bentley or a Fiesta ;)
  • cheapaccounting
    Monsoon wrote: »
    I can't decide whether Elaine drives a Bentley or a Fiesta ;)

and gawd knows what Emma would drive :001_tt2:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    and gawd knows what Emma would drive :001_tt2:

Emma drives a Fiat Punto. Obviously.

:lol:
  • villapb
    Thank you, I can't speak for all of my brethren, but we'd normally use a menial to do this.

All the posts and monsoon said thanks, lol.

Well today a client asked in small talk how much better off per week would his people be with the new pay tax code, the menial got it right, the acca got it wrong and even challenged the menial..........oh dear.
  • villapb
    Your all so funny here, i seemed to have turned an aat forum into facebook.............oops sorry aat and serious accountants.
  • Bluewednesday
    Whereas we've just taken over books from an AAT MIP where several weeks takings were entered as T9 so not appeared on last quarters VAT which we now have to declare. The client is so pleased!

We can all think of examples from either way round which goes to show - it's not the qualification but the person!
  • villapb
    Thats not good........................but thats an easy mistake to make, but should have being picked up before sending the return, surely the output tax would have stood out a mile on it and the vat amount to be paid.
    You cant beat excel for vat.................lol...............so easy and mistake free, shows how too many rely on sage.
  • villapb
    blue, have you noticed my name on here, not good eh.
  • villapb
    ps whats T9........................ha ha
  • cheapaccounting
    it's not the qualification but the person!

very very true
Privacy Policy