What finance calendar do you use?

StuartW
StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Do you think there would be enough demand for an AAT finance calendar? For example, something that might feature important dates in the financial year alongside, perhaps, some key AAT event dates.

I'm just curious to know what you use to track such dates at the moment, and if you feel something like this would be useful?

(Any opinions on formats would be handy too - e.g. downloadable PDF/PC wallpaper background/etc).

Thanks!

Stuart

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hopefully next year everyone will be using the naked calendar!

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?33491-The-naked-accountants-calendar-2013-(SFW)

maybe we can combine both and sell the naked one in the AAT store! :)
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Good point Rinske
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Rinske wrote: ยป

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?33491-The-naked-accountants-calendar-2013-(SFW)

This is just what I was about to say when I logged on to reply! I think Stuart's idea is a good one and would possibly be interested, but I was also planning on getting the naked calendar, so if the two were combined it would be very sensible.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If it had enough information, an Outlook iCal download file would probably be best and the cheapest to make.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Even though I'm only 22 I must be really old fashioned because I would still prefer a 'proper' diary! I still carry a pocket diary around in my handbag which I write all my important dates in and at work I have a small calendar on my desk with important financial dates (they're actually our firm's own branded ones which we're supposed to give out as promotional gifts) and although I use my outlook calendar to remind me of meetings etc. I rarely use my smart phone. I don't like having to unlock my phone, find my calendar, browse for the right week... I'd rather just grab my pocket calendar and flick through the pages.

If it was going to be an app or something it would have to be a wallpaper background for me.

I'll also be getting the naked accountants calendar and I'll have it in my MiP office but I don't think I'll be allowed to have it at my part-time work. Even now I'm not in it :crying:
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Not sure if I'm allowed to have it at work. That's actually a good point!
    I have not really discussed that I signed up for it and will start trying to get people to buy it, once we got it for sale...

Let's see how many people at work want to see me naked, uh I mean, support the charities... :001_tt2:
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I haven't yet checked to see if I can have it up at work, but seeing as though my (male) boss has a naked women calendar for this year, I don't think he can complain! His is SFW also and for charity.

Gem, I'm not much older than you (still feel 22 though easily!) and I too prefer an old fasioned physical calendar rather than anything online. Much easier to see and refer to when it's there on the wall beside me :-)
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Even though I'm only 22 I must be really old fashioned because I would still prefer a 'proper' diary! I still carry a pocket diary around in my handbag which I write all my important dates in and at work I have a small calendar on my desk with important financial dates (they're actually our firm's own branded ones which we're supposed to give out as promotional gifts) and although I use my outlook calendar to remind me of meetings etc. I rarely use my smart phone. I don't like having to unlock my phone, find my calendar, browse for the right week... I'd rather just grab my pocket calendar and flick through the pages.

If it was going to be an app or something it would have to be a wallpaper background for me.

I'll also be getting the naked accountants calendar and I'll have it in my MiP office but I don't think I'll be allowed to have it at my part-time work. Even now I'm not in it :crying:

I clung onto my diary as long as possible, but now I've made the move to en electronic diary its a good one. My colleagues can see if I'm busy at certain times, handy for booking each other into meetings etc, and it replicates onto the phone as and when people make changes.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Rinske wrote: ยป

Thank you :D

Yes, I was planning on having key tax dates in the naked calendar. Well, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?

Stuart, if you want some AAT event dates in it, I'm sure we can think of a way to include these also.
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    ...it would be rude not to...

Yes absolutely. And the last thing you want a naked calendar to be is rude!

:001_tt2:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes absolutely. And the last thing you want a naked calendar to be is rude!

Exactly.

:sleep: <-- This is my serious face.
Privacy Policy