financial statements exam

babyria
babyria Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I have my exam in a week on da 30th. ive left everything to the last minute is it possible to cover the topic in a week???

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have my exam in a week on da 30th. ive left everything to the last minute is it possible to cover the topic in a week???

Hi Babyria

I hope so because I have done virtually the same thing. I'm booked in for the 28th. I took the practice assessments and whizzed the financial parts, it's just a matter of mastering the IAS's for me. Hopefully I can grasp them all by Monday.

Good luck revising mate

Clint
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • babyria
    Thank you had my budgeting exam today. So been revising for that and just left financial statements to the end . At least you know the financial parts I dont even know them... This year has been so stressful
  • Clintm15
    Kudos to you for handling double revision pressure. I too have a tendency to leave things until the last minute but I can only cope with one unit at a time. I passed level 3 a few weeks ago so this is my first level 4 exam.

Have you taken Financial Performance yet?
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Both

Am I understanding your posts correctly? You have done little/no study for the Financial Statements module and are sitting the exam next week?

When I studied this module it took me seven weeks, six at college one day a week and then a weeks revision before the exam. Work colleagues of mine have also said that the course is intensive and one of the group missed several lessons so was not sure how they would cope with the exam.

I'm not saying that you can't do this module in a week, however there is a huge amount of material to cover.

Good luck to you both.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well said Jo, and Good luck to you both - I admire your positive thinking, but know that lots of students (including me) have found this exam the most challenging.
    GP
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?34242-FNST-Tips

Well, I would suggest to start with the above article, but like Jo, I'm a bit stunned that you haven't done any or hardly any study so far and now expect to learn it within a week.

I wish you all the luck and hope you manage, but I'm not sure if that is realistic.
  • babyria
    Hi due to circumstances at work and home I got really behind with studying. Plus personally I can only study 1 unit at a time. In january I sat ptx. february I sat btx, march financial performance, april business tax resit. Today I sat budgeting. And nxt week am due to be sitting financial statements exam. Its been an exam a month and two exams this month.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi due to circumstances at work and home I got really behind with studying. Plus personally I can only study 1 unit at a time. In january I sat ptx. february I sat btx, march financial performance, april business tax resit. Today I sat budgeting. And nxt week am due to be sitting financial statements exam. Its been an exam a month and two exams this month.

Wow! That is really fast - well done to you.
  • babyria
    Thank you
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Who are you studying with to have such an intense timetable ?
  • babyria
    Its intense only because ive had so much stuff going on in my life so couldnt take the exam when it was originally set.
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    OK, but the great thing about CBA's is that they are completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you. If you have loads on at the moment then it is worth considering delaying the exam until you have had time to fully get to grips with the material.
  • Jay1981
    Jay1981 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor โญ
    OK, but the great thing about CBA's is that they are completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you. If you have loads on at the moment then it is worth considering delaying the exam until you have had time to fully get to grips with the material.

This is excellent advice and I urge the OP to take it.
    I'm currently studying for this exam alongside doing my ICAS project and finding it a very challenging unit, the very thought of learning it in a week is mind boggling.

These things are not set in stone, I again urge you to take the advice and postpone.

Good Luck!
  • babyria
    hi i would love to postpone it,,, but that would mean if worst comes to worst i wont be able to resit it as the results will take up to six weeks and the college where am studying will have closed, therefore meaning i wont be able to graudate this year...if i postpone it that would mean i only have the one chance to nail the exam and pass it...
    im really confused....
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    hi i would love to postpone it,,, but that would mean if worst comes to worst i wont be able to resit it as the results will take up to six weeks and the college where am studying will have closed, therefore meaning i wont be able to graudate this year...if i postpone it that would mean i only have the one chance to nail the exam and pass it...
    im really confused....

You can sit the exam wherever you like as an external candidate, you don't have to sit it at your own college. Places like BPP and Kaplan will be open all summer for exams.
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Gosh, I gotta say that I have been studying this for the past 5 months along side the ICAS project, and I am still battling to get my head around it!!! I have my exam in 3 weeks time [GULP!!!]. I can honestly say this is the first exam that I am really and truely not looking forward to, and I have found this one the hardest one by far. I just have this one to do, then credit management. I have one resit so far and that is Financial Performance, but I have decided not to put anymore pressure on myself and do this one again at the end of the year. This will give me ample time to revise again from scratch, so I know I wont be graduating this time round, next year though I am hoping that I will have finished! :)
  • Clintm15
    Well my week of revision is up and I'm due to take the exam in 2 hours. Wish me luck people, I'm probably going to need it lol.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Good luck!

:thumbup:
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well my week of revision is up and I'm due to take the exam in 2 hours. Wish me luck people, I'm probably going to need it lol.

Let us know how it went, Clintm15. Good luck!
  • Clintm15
    Let us know how it went, Clintm15. Good luck!

Thanks Morpheus,

It went really well. Wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be. I'm 90% sure that I've passed. I balanced all of the Financial Statement parts. Hopefully I have picked up enough marks on the written segments.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
  • babyria
    Thats really good. I have mine on wednesday and am not confident at all. Definitely going to have to resit
  • Clintm15
    Thats really good. I have mine on wednesday and am not confident at all. Definitely going to have to resit

Good luck for Wednesday.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
Privacy Policy