Excel and interview with an agency

katsutlieff
katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I have been called in for an interview and to register with a local agency next week.

They emailed this morning to tell me that they will be emailing an online Excel and Word test for me to complete before I go in.

Has anyone had to do one of these before? I am very rusty with Excel and am currently making my way though an online course. Just wondering if there is things I should be focusing on more than others

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    It completely depends on what level they scale you in, but usually it's formulas and how to use spreadsheets, like sorting and maybe lists and how to use them.

If they want to put you into management roles, it might include pivot tables etc, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry, haven't got personal experience with it however, so I might be horribly wrong.

I'd also don't know how they would test it online and if you get to explain up front which version of excel you are used to, as that will influence a lot as well!
  • katsutlieff
    Rinske that is very helpful thank you. The position I applied for was an accounts assistant role

I will have a look at Pivot tables if I get a chance

:thumbup:
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I've spoken to employers who wanted a way to sort out applicants, and have used my level 3 spreadsheet exercises and mock exams as a way of spotting those candidates who are proficient and those who are not.
    Typically these have just been one part of the selection process.
    katsutlieff
    Go back to your level 3 spreadsheets work and make sure you are still up to the standard you achieved when you passed the exam. There may be more complex aspects to the test, but the level 3 standard would show the agency you are able to complete essential aspects in a realistic period of time to suit a prospective employer.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • katsutlieff
    Thanks Sandy. I completed Level 3 under the old standards. We did spreadsheets in Level 2 which I can just about remember :001_smile: I will dig out my books again and look on MyAAT for tests.
Privacy Policy