Help Pleeeease :-(

fee147fee147 New MemberRegistered Posts: 5
Hi there,

I have just (very stupidly) left my workbook, revision notes, mock exams....etc in a carrier bag on a bus!

I have called the world and it's wife trying to see if anyone has handed my bag in anywhere, but to no avail. Meanwhile I am due to sit my Financial Performance exam next tuesday (in four days).

I doubt very much I will be able to order and get a new one delivered before then. Can anyone let me know of any sites where I can buy and download study text (I usually just buy the BPP books), or let me have any revision notes, or point me in the direction of anywhere I may be able to get more study material at this late stage??

I'm desperate, any help gratefully received :-(

Fee

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced Mentor DevonFMAAT Posts: 1,024
    What type of thing do you need?

B x
  • fee147fee147 New Member Registered Posts: 5
    Anything! I have absolutely nothing at the moment, it was all in my bag :-(

I can access the mock exams on the AAT site but need the actual study text. f anyone has any notes they have made (revision notes or anything) that would be useful, or if anyone knows any sites from which I can download the study text, that would help.

I dont know if local bookshops will stock this stuff, I always buy the books online.

Fee
  • Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,526
    Hello Fee

Where are you based? You may be able to get the book from a local Waterstones or Blackwells. Have you tried looking at their website. The alternative is to try Amazon and next day delivery.

If I think of any other ideas I'll let you know.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pigguinea pig Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 402
    Hi Fee,
    Do you have a library nearby (maybe you are studying at a college and they have a library?) that you could borrow some books from? Do you have a tutor that could help? are you working- can a colleague help? are there specific areas where you need help? e.g if ratios, then google, and there is lots of info online, keep practising the Greenlight & Osborne quizzes, and report back here if you need more help.
    Best wishes,
    GP
    I'm in Redhill - we have the smallest Waterstones and WHS ever! I'll keep trying with the bus company and also try the local bookstores first thing, just incase.

I didn't think of amazon and next day delivery though. Certainly worth a try.

Thank you

Fee
    Amazon do a one day delivery and the charge is £5.99 for this book (I just checked for you) or you can select Express Delivery and it is guaranteed delivery by 1pm Saturday 26 May at a cost of £8.99. You will probably need to place the order soon if you decide to use Amazon.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    Amazon do a one day delivery and the charge is £5.99 for this book (I just checked for you) or you can select Express Delivery and it is guaranteed delivery by 1pm Saturday 26 May at a cost of £8.99. You will probably need to place the order soon if you decide to use Amazon.

I will check now and order whatever is available for next day delivery. Just means I will have to sit back and put my feet up in the sun until it arrives :-)

Thank you again, I hadnt even thought of that!
    Don't forget you can still study using green light and the practice assessments :o

I really hope you can obtain the books you would like to revise with.

Good luck with the exam!

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • uknittyuknitty Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 591
    If you hunt around for a "free amazon prime" trial you get next day delivery for a month (but you do have to remember to cancel the trial befor the month is up or they will start charging your card)

Good Luck !
  • guinea pigguinea pig Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 402
    Hi Fee,
    Did you get your books back? have you managed to get some replacement books?
    Hope you get prepared ok for the exam,good luck,
    GP