Hi I'm new:) Supplier statements & Sage

hunyb
hunyb Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hi all!

I'm new to accounts and have been struggling to agree supplier statements to my creditor balances on sage what am I doing wrong?

My client does not always send me their invoices so I have been told to put the missing ones onto sage with an M and chase them up...

I print a creditors list and tick against the suppliers statement but this does not always agree.

I have been told to print off a Supplier activity and then check this against the statement, I'm pulling my hair out because I still can't get the statement to agree to the sage balance.

I work in a very busy accounts pratice and I have now got to the point where I am now afraid to ask for help any advise would be grateful

Comments

• sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The difference could be that the Supplier hasnt allocated a previous payment you have made correctly?? Maybe you havent sent them a Remittance or they are just incompetent.

To reconcile a Supplier statement you must do the following:

1) Check that all of the invoices & credit notes on the Supplier Statements are on your own ledger (Sage).
    2)The ones that are on the ledger (Sage) must be showing the same outstanding balance as on the statement. If they are not then you have either processed the inccorect amount or they have allocated a credit note/payment against it which isnt showing on the statement.
    3) Chase copies of all the invoices/ Credit notes missing from the supplier.

Note: If there are invoices / credit notes on your ledger but not on their statement this usually means that they have missallocated something or allocated something against your knowledge.

Hope this helps.
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Hi hunyb and welcome to the forums :001_smile:

I can't give a lot of help on this part as I've not used sage in a while. I'm guessing there may be a timing issue here, but, the main thing here is that your employer must know that you have other qualities that they see in you and therefore, you should not feel afraid to ask for help. At the end of the day, you getting it right and learning now will benefit them later on. Asking here is a step, but they will be as equally in a better position to get to the bottom of it.

In the meantime, a few questions...

How far out are these balances?
    Do the number of invoices equal up? (may help in us understanding if its timing or an element of vat maybe)

Without going into too much detail (client names, balances etc) if you can give us some idea then we may be able to help

ETA:

Stephens post above makes a lot of sense reading it. The suggestion of a payment can be a clue :wink:
Privacy Policy