Am I Allowed this Calculator?

SashaDella
SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
Hello

Ive got my first BA1 exam soon, and i read in the instructions your calculator cannot be programmed.
My calculator has a function to calculate VAT, I just wanted to check that I could use this in the exam?!

Its just a normal calculator but this function obviously helps me in the exam!

Thanks In Advance!

Comments

• wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I wouldnt risk it, you dont want to turn up to exam and they say you cant use it and then you havent got one for exam, or worse use it through exam and then they say you have cheated and face disciplinary action.
  • SashaDella
    I could bring two and ask before I get there, its just I'm used to using the calculator now and I know it sounds sad but I'd rather not change the one i'm using haha.

Not sure who else to ask on the matter?
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I could bring two and ask before I get there, its just I'm used to using the calculator now and I know it sounds sad but I'd rather not change the one i'm using haha.

Not sure who else to ask on the matter?

You could phone the AAT and ask them quoting the make and model of the calculator. If they don't know then no body does :-)
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    If you mean one like this;

http://www.ibotz.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/ca100620.jpg

Then yes you can, I prefer to take two calculators in my exams, the one above for quick calcs and a scientific one for more advanced calcs.

In any case, it would be a sensible plan to take two calculators - just in case! :)
  • SashaDella
    @louise89 thats the exact one!! Ah thank you very much for your help :)
  • kewko
    kewko Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor โญ
    by programmable they mean graphical calculators because with thoes you can input formulae and effectivly cheat.
  • SashaDella
    Calculator was fine :D and was very helpful to have the VAT on it. Passed BA 1 :D
Privacy Policy