University

luke17
luke17 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hello, I just want some information really, I have just finished my AAT Level 2 and basically I want to know if it's worth going to University or going on to do my Level 3&4?

Would I be able to get into university with Level 2 or do I need level 3 and 4?

I would prefer going to University rather than college as I feel it would benefit me better but I just wanted to ask a few questions. Im 18 btw.

Thanks..

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    luke17 wrote: »
    Hello, I just want some information really, I have just finished my AAT Level 2 and basically I want to know if it's worth going to University or going on to do my Level 3&4?

Would I be able to get into university with Level 2 or do I need level 3 and 4?

I would prefer going to University rather than college as I feel it would benefit me better but I just wanted to ask a few questions. Im 18 btw.

Thanks..

Don't know if this if of any use but a Level 2 qualification is the equivalent of GCSE's so on the face of it it's not sufficient to get into uni but there are other factors that can be considered when applying to uni so it's not cut and dried that you wouldn't get in. Might be worth trying to speak to some of the admissions people at your chosen uni and see what they say. Level 3 is A level standard and Level 4 is roughly first year of a degree standard.
  • luke17
    I do have a BTEC Level 3 in Business so I was wondering if that might go towards it, I have contacted the Uni anyway so i'll see what they say.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

A BTEC at level 3 is simetimes enough for uni entry, but depends on the qulification itself (is it a BTEC National for example) and the uni in question. AAT Level 3 carries UCAS points and can be used for uni entry, not sure how it stands in its own though.

Neil
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    You'll most likely get onto a foundation level, but I would suggest keeping with the AAT is better as you can always do a degree afterwards and youll have alot more experience! I am in the same position as you at the moment and have found that most uni's accept level 3 as entry for their degrees, however I would say you're better off studying for level 3 and 4 and finding a job relevant who will pay for your studies and then look at options afterwards.

Uni costs a hell of a lot of money these days
  • SashaDella
    NeilH wrote: »
    Hi

A BTEC at level 3 is simetimes enough for uni entry, but depends on the qulification itself (is it a BTEC National for example) and the uni in question. AAT Level 3 carries UCAS points and can be used for uni entry, not sure how it stands in its own though.

Neil

with level 3 i believe for most entries you need a levels and or experience. Obviously the most renowned the uni the harder it is to get in. So it depends if you want to go to a nearby one or dont mind etc
  • luke17
    Uni costing a lot isn't really an issue for me, I would be able to afford it.. It is a Level 3 BTEC National Subsidary Diploma I have.

Also I don't mind what Uni, I would go to any of them really.
  • SashaDella
    http://www.aat.org.uk/qualifications/university-take-your-aat-qualification-to-a-higher-degree

found this on the AAT website, may help but you're probably best off talking to careers advisor (or college if you attend) or the individual universities as each will have a different policy. You can also get the ucas website which has a lot of information regarding every subject!

Good luck :D
Privacy Policy