Something to make you all smile.

Beautiful_bobo
Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all.

I thought I would put this on here to give everyone a smile or not. I work in the accounts department for a small company and I do everything to do with accounts as I am the only person in accounts, very presurised as you can imagine. Well the company employed a person to answer the phones, book accomodation, reconcile credit cards etc. She really is the most useless person I have come across but she has the gift of the gab and knows it all and has done everything (allegedly) run her own companies, been director of companies, travelled and worked all over the world. Well today she has capped it all as to save the company money she decides to cancel the accounts fax line. So last friday it was switched off no more accounts fax line. unfortunately it was the ISDN line so we have no email and no internet. So guess who in the accounts department cannot go on to the bank to print bank statements or do cashbooks or pay salaries or pay sub contactors or pay suppliers and it could take up to a week to be sorted. Oh how I laughed and went home and worked from home. There is a little bit of light as my boss filled my car up with petrol, as I was driving back and forth to the office.

Jen
x

:001_tt2:

Comments

• wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Haha you got to love people like that
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oh dear God!

Glad you're seeing the funny side!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    she decides to cancel the accounts fax line

Thats the bit that gets me, I can't imagine her role covers things like that.

Just hope the ISDN line wasn't still within its contract period or you'll get some early termination charges! :D
  • oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ⭐
    just think that if you were working in government she would be given a promotion and pay rise for saving all that money on a fax/isdn line........great though!
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    It is slightly peeving at times that people like this manage to land jobs... Hope its all sorted soon :D
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Good news after 5 days we had the internet and email up and running. I have suggested if there is any changes or revised contracts, she is not to be involved at all, she is to stick to what little tasks that she knows. But I did get my car filled up and ink for my printer. So that was quite good.

Jennie
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Good news after 5 days we had the internet and email up and running. I have suggested if there is any changes or revised contracts, she is not to be involved at all, she is to stick to what little tasks that she knows. But I did get my car filled up and ink for my printer. So that was quite good.

Jennie

Two very extremely expensive hobbies right there, before paying for 'helpful' staff :lol:
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi all.

I thought I would put this on here to give everyone a smile or not. I work in the accounts department for a small company and I do everything to do with accounts as I am the only person in accounts, very presurised as you can imagine. Well the company employed a person to answer the phones, book accomodation, reconcile credit cards etc. She really is the most useless person I have come across but she has the gift of the gab and knows it all and has done everything (allegedly) run her own companies, been director of companies, travelled and worked all over the world. Well today she has capped it all as to save the company money she decides to cancel the accounts fax line. So last friday it was switched off no more accounts fax line. unfortunately it was the ISDN line so we have no email and no internet. So guess who in the accounts department cannot go on to the bank to print bank statements or do cashbooks or pay salaries or pay sub contactors or pay suppliers and it could take up to a week to be sorted. Oh how I laughed and went home and worked from home. There is a little bit of light as my boss filled my car up with petrol, as I was driving back and forth to the office.

Jen
    x

:001_tt2:

I had a similar experience in my old job... Its mind boggling; I really don't know how these people through life, but they do make very good anecdotes!

:)
Privacy Policy