Cost & Revenues

Hi guys,

Almost time for cost and revenues exam. Heard its quite different from the mocks and things, how did you find it?
Is there any easy ways of remembering the formulas?
Thanks!

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello

The best way to remember the formulas is to practice using them over and over again through question practice.

Have you attempted the practice assessment and the greenlight questions that are available on the AAT website?

There are also some practice questions for Costs and Revenues here http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/costs_and_revenues1

Good luck with your exam.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi

I found this unit particularly difficult and took me a few attempts to pass it.

My advice to you is do as many practice questions as possible but don't expect the same layout in the actual exam. Instead of expecting the same questions, go over the process and how to acheive the end result. Make sure you understand all aspects of it and you will be fine.

In regards with learning the formulas - the more practice questions you do they will come automatically to you.

Good luck with your exam. Let us know how you do :)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi guys,

Almost time for cost and revenues exam. Heard its quite different from the mocks and things, how did you find it?
    Is there any easy ways of remembering the formulas?
    Thanks!

Hi Clare

When is your exam? I have mine on Tuesday and not sure what to expect. The night class at college did there's last night and said it wasn't too bad. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!!

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    janwal wrote: ยป
    I have mine on Tuesday and not sure what to expect.

Good luck Jan :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • nicj1803
    nicj1803 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi all

I've got my C&R exam tomorrow evening and I have had to basically teach myself the whole subject.... I am very stresed as the Osborne book is rubbish for this subject - half a page of explanation and I wouldn't even call it explanation!

Anyway, I am totally lost on flexed budgets..... I'm looking at the answers to the question and I have no idea how I'm supposed to work it out? :(

Thanks, Nic x
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Mines next friday.

I know I have this weekend but still not slacking now not while its all fresh. Greenlight gets me in such a mess I think its the way its put to you, do you think it helps or hinders?
    The only things I am struggling is working out breakeven/margin of safety things everything else I am happy I know what I am doing (ish) I have them stuck on my wall and around the house but its just not sinking in :thumbdown:
    Nic:
    Basically the volume is the same as actual as your comparing, then overheads in the question may say they are fixed, profit is the sales less all the costs, the bit inbetween- but read the question as it may say 100% or a different %
    Based on 100% take your budget figure / by budget volume sold x by the actual volume sold
    Oh god sorry I hope I am not confusing you!
  • Jo Clark
    Hi all

I've got my C&R exam tomorrow evening and I have had to basically teach myself the whole subject.... I am very stresed as the Osborne book is rubbish for this subject - half a page of explanation and I wouldn't even call it explanation!

Anyway, I am totally lost on flexed budgets..... I'm looking at the answers to the question and I have no idea how I'm supposed to work it out? :(

Thanks, Nic x

Hello Nic

Please don't stress, easier said than done I know. Do you have any particular questions on flexed budgets which you don't understand that you could post here for someone to help you? Have you taken the practice assessment and greenlight tests on the AAT website?

I've taken a few days holiday to revise for an exam and would like to help you, albeit that your exam is tomorrow night :) (what time?)

If you prefer to send the question direct to me please feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck with the exam and let us know how it goes.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy