Level 4 compared to 3

baileyqueens
baileyqueens Registered Posts: 27 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Is there much difference in difficulty? I am due to start level 4 in September but have been offered to study across one year or two. Just want some advice if level 4 is much harder than level 3 I will take to two year option.

Cheers in advance.

Dan

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi Dan

I start level 4 in September too, we have had a tutorial today on it and the phrase used was " a massive leap", we are only able to do 1 year as we were told the 2 year option had been abandoned, but not sure if this is just our college.

Jan
  • baileyqueens
    Thanks for the reply Jan, my college is still doing the two year option. "massive leap" now that sounds scary just trying to work out if I could actually juggle working 7 days a week, college 2 evenings & studying:huh:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have just (fingers crossed) finished level 4.

The 'massive leap' I would say relates to the amount of study rather than difficulty in the study. The subjects that you will learn are a natural progression on from your studies in Lv3 and expands upon what you have already learnt, so although there is a lot of theory you have the groundwork done.

FNST and FNPF are the two biggies as well as ICAS of course. There is a lot of theory in FNST which is the one I think everyone struggles with, I scrapped a pass in this one. Budgeting is bringing together things learnt in FNPF, and whichever the equivalent of costings is now, and of course the two options.

So it's five exams and a project. I completed it in a year, distance learnt the first two levels and went to college for level 4 as I knew I would struggle to complete it on my own at home. It's a lot of work but can be done in one year.

Good luck
  • baileyqueens
    Thanks for the advice guys. Think one year is the way forward.
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    My college is doing Level 4 over 4 Terms. We did ask if we could do it in a year, but they have said no.

That's fine with me as it gives us a little extra time to work on it all. Rather take my time than rush through it.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Dan

Definitely possible in one year if you are determined and put the hours in. I still have my project to complete but so far the 3 compulsory and 2 optional modules took me as follows

FNST 6 weeks
    BGT 3 weeks
    FNPF 4 weeks
    PTX 3 weeks
    BTX 4 weeks

After the'weeks' above I tended to take a week to revise in the evenings/weeks before sitting the exam. Due to the way my college scheduled the modules I was luck and able to sit most of the exams before starting the next module or within a week or so.

ICAS will be completed over a 12 week period per the college schedule.

Good luck with your decision making - does your college give you a choice of the optional papers?

I look forward to seeing you on the forum in future.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It's a lot of work but can be done in one year.

Good luck

Agree 100% with what katsutlieff has said here.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • baileyqueens
    Hi Jo,

Thanks for the time scales etc, really swayed into doing just the one year.

Our college dont give us a choice we are just given:

FNST
    BGT
    FNPT
    ICAS
    CRMC
    PTX

Thanks for the good luck message, I think I will be on here a hell of a lot asking advice etc, I signed up a fair amount of time ago but never actually viewed or posted a thread, glad I have recently com on though, seems like a good bunch on here.

Dan
Privacy Policy