P11d help

Options
Jona 330
Jona 330 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
A company director based in the UK, goes to LA approx once a month on business, he has use of a vehicle and leased apartment all paid for by Company while he is over there. Does this go on his P11d, and is class 1a due?

I thought this would be a common issue, but seem to be getting conflicting advice, any further help appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Jona 330 wrote: »
    A company director based in the UK, goes to LA approx once a month on business, he has use of a vehicle and leased apartment all paid for by Company while he is over there. Does this go on his P11d, and is class 1a due?

I thought this would be a common issue, but seem to be getting conflicting advice, any further help appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

I'd say that, if he only stays in the apartment and uses the vehicle when he's over there on business then it's no different to paying for a hotel and a hire car; you'd treat the whole amount as a travel cost in the P&L with no effect on the P11Ds.

If the apartment and car are also made available to him for holidays... etc then that'd be a different matter.
Privacy Policy