FNPF Resit in the morning....

Chelle
Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
and I feel I know less now than when I first sat it!!

Oh well, what will be will be :-/

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Good luck Chelle!

Just remain calm and you will be fine. Plenty of time to complete all the questions.

Let us know how it goes.

JC :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Good luck Chelle, i will have my fingers crossed for you! At least you know what to expect this time. I am still waiting for my results but not holding out for much hope!
  • Chelle
    Thank you Jo and Becky, I have been awake since flipping 4am trying to get things into my head!!

I'll let you know how I go x
  • Chelle
    Well for me personally, that was as bad this time round as last time except I didn't come out crying!

It was nothing like the online practice assessments yet again (I was able to do that last night and pass it), everything was worded different so as to confuse once again and even the reports were just horrible.

So, I shall look forward to another resit in September.... NOT!!!
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So how did it go? I am really hoping your experience was better than mine!! I had FNPF this morning in London, so it was nice knowing I wasn't alone!!

My exam was horrible!! I got into a real panic with the first few tasks as I went blank on the variances ... eventually wrote them out with my abbreviations, then just flagged the questions and moved on. Time was now slipping by when moved onto to the written tasks, definitely spent too long on the first written and rush the second. My biggest problem was cost index, couldn't even guess an answer for the amount - that's the first time I have ever left a question!! I was literally staring at the screen hoping the answer would jump out at me, when the time ran out.

Now I understand previous marking threads, as if I've messed up on part a or b then does the whole task get failed!! I rarely come out of CBT (done and passed 10) and think I've passed, but so don't like my gut feeling about this one!!
  • Chelle
    Hi Whirlwind

It was horrible, as I said earlier it was as bad this time round as last (and I know a bit more this time too!)

I just wish that they keep to the format on what we are used to with the practice CBA's, at least you know what you are facing.

I had written down everything that I remembered re the variances etc but when it came to applying them to the questions the questions were just too confusing so I didn't then understand what I had to do.

From what I understand you have to get 70% or over in both parts to pass, not sure if I am right though either way, I will be resitting it again in September!!
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So sorry ... although you never know miracles do happen, I mean I passed EXA back in March so maybe we will squeeze through this one. Bring on the hellish wait!!

Chin up and onto the next one. PTX for me, what about you?
  • Becky V
    Hi to you both i do you feel for you it is a really tough exam and it isnt like the ones on the website. I have everyone crossed for you that you dont have to resit it! Chelle did you get your feedback from the your fnpf exam?
  • Chelle
    Whirlwind

I have no exams left now just any resits that can't get taken now until September as the college will be closed for the summer holidays by the time we actually get the results!

Becky, I got the feedback from the first time round. Won't get it this time until we have the results.
  • Becky V
    What was your feedback do you know which areas you did well in?
  • WAD2001
    WAD2001 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi everyone

Our class sat the financial performance exam last Thursday, We all found that there was insufficient time to complete all sections to the best of our abilities. The structure of the exam is very difficult to read and absorb all the information whilst scrolling up and down. The number were inconsistent in the questions i.e.Majority of amounts in millions - need to have a comma to seperate as due to small font they are hard to read. Inconsistent figures eg. 200000 and 200000.00.
    We are in the process of makinmg an official complaint to the AAT, at cba@aat.org.uk
    I have passed every single exam from foundation first time by putting 110% into every unit using material from a variety of areas, this exam did not reflect any of the revision material supplied by the AAT.
    If anyone feels the same about the exam please cont the AAT on the email above
  • Chelle
    Becky

There were only 2 areas previously that I done any good with, hence why I failed it!

Wad

I am just sending them an email now, thanks.
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    We reported our exam to AAT too as there was an error in one of the questions. I agree that the length of the numbers were completely ridiculous why give us massive numbers which take forever to type in when they do not do this in other exams. It was a very odd paper and did not reflect any of the revision material. Saying this I did pass and did not expect to as it was the only exam which I had ever ran out of time for without finishing.
  • Jo Clark
    We reported our exam to AAT too as there was an error in one of the questions. I agree that the length of the numbers were completely ridiculous why give us massive numbers which take forever to type in when they do not do this in other exams. It was a very odd paper and did not reflect any of the revision material. Saying this I did pass and did not expect to as it was the only exam which I had ever ran out of time for without finishing.

Hello

Please don't hate me or take this personally however, how do you know there was an error with one of the questions? Each student has a different set of questions as they are downloaded on the day of the exam. Did you ever receive a response from the AAT about this?

With regards to your and other students comments about massive numbers, I do see where you are coming from as I have sat this exam, however you need to remember that when in the work place you could be dealing with any amounts and therefore I see no reason why we shouldn't be examined in hundreds, thousands, millions etc.

I also think that a lot of students feel that they need to write a lot for the written questions. Rightly or wrongly I believe that it is the quality of the answer that is important and not the quantity. As long as the salient points have been included and all part of the question answered then you should be ok.

The above are just my thoughts and I am sure many of you will disagree but hope that you can see where I am coming from.

JC :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422

Hello

Could you please give some more information on what type of question you felt there was an error. I'm only interested as i have my FP exam on wednesday. I also agree with Jo on that each student has different exam questions, so how can you report an question to aat when surely they check the cbt for errors. Did you report this error during the exam to the invigilator? and how did you know that there was an error?

If you could reply, it may help me out a lot for wednesday.

AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Jo Clark
    Good luck Aaron

Hope the revision has been going well? I'm sure you will do just fine.

Let us know.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Thanks Jo

The revision is going ok, if the exam goes well i'll post about it on wednesday evening. If it doesn't, ill wait until my results come lol.
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Not sure what you used for revision material but the exam completely reflected my studies and revision material I have no idea if I have passed as I only sat it just over a week ago, but I do feel that my course prepared me fully for the exam. And I would be suprised if there was an error in one of the questions so I would be interested to hear more about what this was.
  • Jo Clark
    NicF wrote: ยป
    Not sure what you used for revision material but the exam completely reflected my studies and revision material I have no idea if I have passed as I only sat it just over a week ago, but I do feel that my course prepared me fully for the exam.

I agree with NicF that the practice papers on the AAT website, greenlight and my course materials and text book were sufficient in order to allow me to pass the exam.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi there,

I'm afraid I can't really comment on the assessment itself, but I would encourage any of you with feedback regarding the Qualification to complete the student questionnaire we've recently published (in addition to emailing cba@aat.org.uk). It's open until Friday 13 July.

I've also stuck the thread containing the questionnaire to the top of this section so that others can provide their views as well.

Complete the AAT student questionnaire

Thanks everyone.
Privacy Policy