New Mobile...............any advice!!

janwal
janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
As I have completed levels 2 & 3 I thought I would treat myself to a new moble. At the moment I have a Nokia C3 but could do with a Blackberry as I would like to be able to email and access things like Google, AAT and FB.

I don't want to pay the earth............any advice would be great. Needs to be Pay As You Go.

Thanks

Jan

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Depends what your budget is. The cheapest Nokia capable of all that is the Lumia 610 which currently costs about £160. As a brand, Nokia are terribly unfashionable nowadays which is quite sad: I've tried Android Samsung's and HTC's and ended up going back to Nokia last year for the (still) world class N8. It also wiped the floor for music quality over my iPod Touch which I then sold.

My work phone is a high end BlackBerry 9790 but the build quality is quite low, much worse than the N8 which is strong as hell with everything working as it should (like all Nokia phones).

The HTC Wildfire S is currently going for £130 with T-Mobile if you fancy Android though.
  • wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    HTC one X is just amazing, i was a bit worried about a £29 per month contract, but now i have the phone its so advanced and a pleaseure to use i am so glad i got it, I think the samsung galaxy s3 is about the same

HD screen is just amazing
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    While you can get much better handsets on contract, the OP is looking for a pay as you go mobile. Having said that, if you spend ten or fifteen quid a month on credit, it's always worth considering a mid range phone on contract for about the same expenditure per month.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blobbyh wrote: »
    While you can get much better handsets on contract, the OP is looking for a pay as you go mobile. Having said that, if you spend ten or fifteen quid a month on credit, it's always worth considering a mid range phone on contract for about the same expenditure per month.

Hi Robert

I did actually think about that the other night I, at the moment I put a £20 Vodafone Freedom Freebie on which well lasts me the month.

Jan
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    My contract is £20 a month with an iphone 4. For that I get 5000 texts, 250 mins and 1gb of data.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    My contract is £20 a month with an iphone 4. For that I get 5000 texts, 250 mins and 1gb of data.

How long is the contract? Was there an initial charge for the phone?

Money Saving Expert is worth a look, they have a big list of best deals around.
  • Turrican
    Turrican Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐

Totally worth it.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yes I did pay £99 up front (forgot that bit) but it was the best by far because I really fancied an iphone! It is the 4 though not the 4s
Privacy Policy