DONT PAY ACCA Exemptions Fees....

stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Just thought everyone should know....

If anyone is due to finish their AAT and go on to ACCA you will already be aware that you will be exempt from F1, F2 and F3...but will have been told that you have to pay for your exemption £165 in total. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out the hard way but once you have received your Level 4 certificate from the AAT upload it on ACCA and this will mean you do not have to pay for your exeptions of £165. I registerd with ACCA back in May and due to the fact that my employer pays all my study fees paid for my exemptions around the same time. I have received confirmation this morning from Pat at ACCA Kinnect that once you have received AAT Level 4 certificate and you have uploaded a copy for the AAT to view you can (if you have already paid for your exemptions like me) get a refund.

steph

Comments

• Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    That's really handy to know. I was worried about having to find the money to pay for exemptions as well as everything else (being self funded) so this is a bit of good news. Thank you for letting us all know!

Neil.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I don't understand, we were always billed for our exemptions when it came to sitting exams, do you not have to pay the exam fees for them anymore?
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm confused too. I was lead to believe that you had to pay exemption fees when registering
  • stephleedz
    Hi guys,

The only reason I came to this is because a friend of mine who is in the same boat as me (awaiting last result at AAT) she wasn't billed for the exemptions, I however was. If you have already paid don't worry as soon as you receive your AAT Level 4 certificate let ACCA know they will need to see a copy of this as confirmation then you will be refunded the exemptions fees.

Steph
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Do you know why you don't have to pay the exemption fees?
  • stephleedz
    When the AAT changed their qualification back in July 2010 it became a QCF qualification so anyone who has received their level 4 certificate from 1st July 2010 will have been on the QCF qualification. This is the reason to why you can get a refund if already paid for your exemptions (like me) or the reason why you don't need to pay for them if you haven't already received your level 4 certificate.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Id really need some literature from ACCA or AAT confirming this tbh.
  • stephleedz
    Give the ACCA a call to confirm.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Not got an e-mail or letter from them? Even enclosing the cheque?
  • c1gar
    c1gar Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    I Was literally just about to register with ACCA. So Glad I saw this thread. Thanks.
  • stephleedz
    No problem c1gar. Just bear in mind that if you wont be able to book to sit an exam until you do register but i am sure you have probably already thought about that.
  • peaceb4
    peaceb4 Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The information is CORRECT! i just registered at first it said to pay so i emailed them to

Thank you for your email.In light of the recent changes in the relationship between AAT and ACCA you will not be invoiced for your exemptions for F1-F3.These will be free of charge.When you access your online 'MYACCA' facility you will be able to view your current balance, which is 0.00GBP.I hope this information clarifies matters for you.
  • alvarez140
    alvarez140 Registered Posts: 16 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thank you letting me know Steph!
    I am starting my Level 4 in 2 weeks and was thinking of what to do after level 4? Is ACCA really hard?
    I am a single mother of 2 little kids and it is difficult to find time to revise......

let me know how you're doing?
    Diana
Privacy Policy