Isn't it a wonder!

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi All,

I am finding this studying lark a pain at times!

I have been self studying level 3 since November and its had plenty of ups and downs. I have done AP 1 and 2, spreadsheets, Cash MGT & Ethics and all past without the support of a provider - though the support has come from you guys; thanks for that!

At the 2nd time of trying I have successfully past indirect tax which means...........I have fully past LEVEL 3 YIPEEEEE! lol

Now I just sit back and wait for that certificate and contemplate starting level 4! I wonder what provider I will pick; due to certain reasons I will be changing from level 3 provider and I know who I will be going with!

Martin

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Congratulations Martin :D
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D

Good luck for level 4
  • MWAUGH1983
    Cheers both!

I was wondering when I submitted it as some didn't feel right but couldn't believe it when I past and that split second I realised I had past level 3 after 3 yrs! :)
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Congratulations Martin :)

Any thoughts on which option modules you're going to pick?
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • MWAUGH1983
    Cheers aaron; I will no doubts do the 2 tax options as depending on finances or if I get support at work I may do them self study.

I see you have one more to do and waiting for FNP - how did you find level 4 in the main?

Martin
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    i've messaged you Martin :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Congratulations Martin :thumbup:

Another 1 to add to our level 4 forum!!

Jan
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Great news, well done!!

It's been great finding someone else who is self-studying!! Totally agree with you that studying is a pain ... even physically. I've had months of severe headaches due to the eye strain from all the intense reading!! That is the worse thing about self-studying, you have to read it to learn it, not hear it!!

Although, a word of warning ... level 4 is a definite step up (as to be expected) with a few extended writing tasks in each exam, which is testing our ability to explain the numbers side on things. I found that with level 3 I was able to study with the tv on and passed all first time (even got 100% for couple of them!!) but with level 4, to feel confident with the subjects, I need to lock myself away so as to give it my full attention.

All the very best with level 4 ... I'm using BPP.
  • MWAUGH1983
    janwal wrote: Β»
    Congratulations Martin :thumbup:

Another 1 to add to our level 4 forum!!

Jan

Cheeers jan; it was just a good feeling - I can't wait for lev 4. When do u start it? I'm thinking of doing the project in september.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Well done again Martin!!! :-)
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Well done Martin! I am in the same position as you too, very nervous about starting level 4 but sure it will be fine!

Congrats again, such a good feeling isnt it! :001_smile:
  • Haysah
    Haysah Registered Posts: 80 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations Martin,

It is a great feeling to complete level 3.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Cheeers jan; it was just a good feeling - I can't wait for lev 4. When do u start it? I'm thinking of doing the project in september.

Hi Martin

Start back at college 13th Sept, but have been told over break to look at FNST and think about starting project. Have looked at a couple of IAS but not done a lot yet. Just needed a bit of a break.

Jan
Privacy Policy