interview help

Luciana
Luciana Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
i am going to have an interview for an accounts assistant role. there will be a test, do anyone know what kind test it might be?

many thanks.

luciana

Comments

• Simmyluvsu
    Simmyluvsu Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Luciana

From the interviews I've attended I'd guess it will be a short numeracy/accounts test.
    For example working out the VAT exclusive cost of something, number sequences etc.

Good luck with the interview :)
  • Luciana
    Hi Luciana

From the interviews I've attended I'd guess it will be a short numeracy/accounts test.
    For example working out the VAT exclusive cost of something, number sequences etc.

Good luck with the interview :)

Thanks. I will find out this Friday :)
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Good luck for Friday :)

I've never had an interview for an accounts assistant role, so it would be nice to hear your experiences on how
    the interview went and what kind of test came up.
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • mandatory
    mandatory Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    In past interviews where tests are required I have usually been asked to put in formula into a spreadsheet (IF, Vlookup) and use pivot tables, all of which I learned doing spreadsheets with AAT. Sometimes I have been asked to do a simple numeracy test but it's never anything scary. :)
  • Luciana
    had the interview, give a task to do in spreadsheet, not too difficult, but I was nervous then, hopefully I did what asked.
    thanks for all replies

x
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Fingers crossed you get the job :thumbup1:
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Emily
    Emily Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    The company that I work for is a top 10 accountancy firm and has 2 tests in their interview process - they are 'numerical' and 'verbal reasoning' tests.
    These kind of tests are very common in the bigger accountancy firms' interview processes.

The numerical test is designed to test your maths skills and ability to use data correctly.
    The verbal reasoning test is designed to test your skills at understanding information given, and lateral thinking.

Examples of the tests can be found here: http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

Fingers crossed for your interview!
  • Luciana
    thank you all for your kind replies. hopefully I will get the result this week.

xxx
  • Jake Bousfield
    Jake Bousfield Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    They will probably test you something specific in the job specs/description, or in some cases it may be a basic literacy/numeracy test.

good luck
Privacy Policy