Level 4 Options

Mollypod88
Mollypod88 Registered Posts: 155 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi All,

I will be purchasing level 4 next month and I was wondering how people choose which units they want to take?

My long term goal is to try and go self employed.

Thanks!

Comments

• amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Molly,

I am about to start level 4 and I chose the Personal Tax and Business Tax options. I work in an accountancy and thought these would be most relevant to me as I would not use the other options on a daily basis.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • mandatory
    mandatory Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I didn't get a choice as my college only offered Credit Management and Control and Personal Tax as these were seen as more 'useful' to students. I would have liked to have done Business Tax and External Auditing as back then I wanted to go into practice but now I am in industry (and doing CIMA) and quite happy with my level 4 options, despite not really 'opting' into them! If you are going down the self-employed route then the tax options would probably be best suited to you. :)
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi,

My employer is funding my studies, so he made the decision. I'm doing both taxes and audit as it would be 'useful' for me. I cant believe that I got stuck with 3 rather than 2 optional units!! Couldn't really say no but I found auditing really dry and so therefore near impossible to digest - anyway ... passed it!! Currently studying personal tax with exam 17/8 then will start business tax for exam 27/9.

All the very best with the choice you make.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi,

Our college has changed their minds this year from doing BTX & PTX to PTX and Credit management. Too many failed BTX this year so gone for easy option. Would have liked to do BTX :sad:

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Jan

If you want to study BTX why not self study, I'd gladly help you :D That said I am still awaiting my results :blushing:

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Jan

If you want to study BTX why not self study, I'd gladly help you :D That said I am still awaiting my results :blushing:

JC

Hi Jo

I may consider it after I have done level 4. I'm also thinking of doing a payroll qualiication after AAT. Will have to wait and see on the health side first, decided 1 step at a time.

I'm sure you will have done fine in the exam.

Jan
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Hi,

Our college has changed their minds this year from doing BTX & PTX to PTX and Credit management. Too many failed BTX this year so gone for easy option. Would have liked to do BTX :sad:

Jan

Hi Jan

My college has done the same but as I want to set up my own practice I have decided to do BTX through Eagle once I have completed PTX. Really didn't want to do Credit Management as I worked in this field years ago and really don't want to have to study it! Good luck with Level 4 and hope your health continues to improve.

Su
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I am also thinking about doing a payroll qualifaication too!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I chose CRMC & BTX....

CRMC is good for general working knowledge & by far the quickest and easiest L4 paper to pass.

BTX is just a bit of taxy fun! It is a good paper to choose if you are good with maths/formulae. :)
Privacy Policy