Sundry Sales Account

blackviper90210
blackviper90210 Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi,

I have a sundry sales account with a credit from a cheque paid in to the bank. It was not allocated to anything and is just showing as a credit.

Checking my customers account, I have found an invoice unpaid, but that is because the cheque was paid into Sundry sales!!

How do I resolve this please?

Clear customers invoice by using the cheque incorrectly paid into Sundry Sales?

TIA,

Dave

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Yes, but you need to delete the original receipt first. Just be careful if the bank account has already been reconciled.

Which version of Sage are you using? By your various posts you are struggling, so if you have a version with practice data on it I suggest you use it to ..eh.. practice on! Go to File > open> practice data.
  • Emily
    Emily Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Debit Sundry Sales,
    Credit the Customers Account (Debtor) against the invoice.
  • blackviper90210
    blackviper90210 Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Jan wrote: »
    Yes, but you need to delete the original receipt first. Just be careful if the bank account has already been reconciled.

Which version of Sage are you using? By your various posts you are struggling, so if you have a version with practice data on it I suggest you use it to ..eh.. practice on! Go to File > open> practice data.

Thank you Jan!!

My first job in my new career, lasted nearly 2 weeks so far, lol.

Thoroughly enjoying it :001_smile:

I'm running Sage Instant Accounts, so will have a look and play with the practice data.
Privacy Policy