AAT Level 3 subjects - what's involved? Please help (urgent)

AATchick
AATchick Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
Good Morning All,

I have just finished studying AAT Level 2 and passed, and my place of work are funding the courses for me.

I am just about to enrol on Level 3 and the price has almost doubled from last year (I am assuming as it's more to do with it being a Diploma as opposed to a Certificate?)

Anyway, my boss has asked me to find out what's involved in Level 3 i.e. what will I learn - he is trying to convince our Managing Director that it would be beneficial for me to do this as it will benefit our accounts department but needs specific examples of what I will be learning to agree to fund me this year.

As I understand it there are 5 areas of study for Level 3, being;

Accounts Preperation 1
Accounts Preperation 2
Costs and Revenues
Cash Management
Indirect Tax

& PEAF (I have already completed this whilst on Level 2)

Could anyone kindly inform me as to what these subjects involve and how it will enable me to be more competant in the accounting profession?

Really hope someone can help... our MD is going on holiday tomorrow and needs an answer asap otherwise I won't be able to enrol :-(

Be grateful for any advice received.

AATchick x

Comments

• omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    You forgot spreadsheet software too which is about excel,v and h look up pivot tables and if functions.
    Peaf is about legalities and ethics.
    Indirect tax is VAT returns.
    Accounts prep is final accounts for sole traders and incomplete records,also partnership accounts.
    Cost and revenues is costing.
    Cash management is about cashflow and cash planning/management
Privacy Policy