Football Fans...

Hey boys and girls,

I want to know what you think the best summer signing is for next season, worldwide not just the BPL.

Who do you think will win the BPL?? I'm a city fan, so hoping for big things this season.

Anything else you want to discuss on this thread football related, go for it!

Cheers,

James

Comments

• crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello,

I am a season ticket holder at Southampton and am naturally really looking forward to the new season. Please however could City be gentle on us as it our first game back back in the PL...:)

As far as signings I think Saints definate need cover at centre back where I feel we may be vunerable, we have taken a bit of a gamble with £7m on Jay Rod but he still very young so hopefully he will be allowed time.

I think City will have another good shout at the PL title, although not a new signing think Tevez will have a good season now the previous troubles are behind he looks hungry for it.
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Hey,

I'm a season ticket at city, we looked good against Chelsea! But you never know with teams coming up, you could surprise us.

I guess you're hopeful to stay up this season? or do you want a top 10 finish...I must admit i'm not the most knowledgable on Southampton but i'm sure i'll learn plenty this season.

Tevez is part of the team again, everyone seems happy! I'm not overly excited about Rodwell signing, was expecting a bit more, but hes a hot prospect i suppose.

I'll take the title again, but our home form won't be as good as last season so away games have to be better; i hope we do better in CL, i want a holiday in Barcelona :L
  • crispy
    Hi James,

I think realistically I would be happy with survival in the first season and anything more would be a bonus. Saints though should not be totally underestimated, if anything else we are are a well run club, have a nice stadium and can expect around 30k average home games. We also have fantastic training facilities and infrastructure so have the potential to be a top team.

Slightly suprising with the Rodwell signing, but maybe we will see better of him at city ? Looking foward to the season and hopefully another english team to win the CL would be great. Regardless of the Utd RVP singing I do think that Tevez or Aguero will finish top scorer - good luck and enjoy.
  • James Patterson
    Well i wish the Saints the very best, good addition to the league.

I don't think RVP will link up with Rooney for a while, and he definitely won't have as good as a goal record as last season (also he may get injured).

Kagawa will hit the ground running i think though. Its annoying with all good signings Arsenal - Podolski, Chelsea - Hazard, UTD - Kagawa, RVP, Manchester City - Rodwell -_-
  • crispy
    You may not have made any big name signings but have a fit and clear headed Tevez - as good / if not better than those new players. He has done it before in the PL and will no doubt do it again given a good run of games.

One our our suppliers credit controller is a Utd fan and I am enjoying sending them wind-up emails about how they are going to trip up at St Mary's :) Enjoy the game on Sunday and remember to please be gentle...
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Being a United fan (well mostly, being a Nottinghamshire lad, my childhood team was Forest but the less said about them the better), this season - the same as almost every season for the past twenty Premiership years - is United's to lose rather than anyone else's to win.

Still a bit annoyed about QPR twice booting the ball straight back to Man City following the late goals at the end of last season. I'd have loved for them to have gone down for their sheer recklessness.
  • James Patterson
    I was at the QPR game, and once they were safe, we were both happy! But best end to a season in my time easily (although i'm going to be biased).

How hopeful are you for next season?
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Still a bit annoyed about QPR twice booting the ball straight back to Man City following the late goals at the end of last season. I'd have loved for them to have gone down for their sheer recklessness.

What are you more annoyed about? QPR staying up or the fact Man City won in the dying seconds?

Oh, I'm a toon fan, so if we can repeat last season I'm well happy.
    I think Southhampton will start good enough, it all depends if they can keep the memento going to the end
  • James Patterson
    Suprised no-one has poached Demba for 10million!! Unless i have missed something...

Newcastle were my second team last season, great football to watch!
  • Diddy Mau
    they might have tried on the quiet. Once a team shows interest, so does everyone else.
    I think if we got Carol back, then he would have been sold...

Some deal that would have been, We sell you this player for £35m. with the option to buy back for less than half that.
    but with the profit we will get 1 stricker for fee (Demba) and sell for £10m and also use him to help get another striker.

Saying that....the transfer wiondow is still wide open.
  • crispy
    Saints have today announced they have agreed a fee of £12m for Uruguay playmaker Gaston Ramirez. I must admit I have not heard of him previous - but am in astonishment that we are spenidng this sort of amount. Only 3 years ago the club was on the brink of liquidation and had suffered 2 relagations and -10 points start.

Exciting times ahead.....
  • James Patterson
    From what i know hes meant to be a damn good player, good signing!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Diddy Mau wrote: »
    What are you more annoyed about? QPR staying up or the fact Man City won in the dying seconds?

That QPR from the kick off after the second Man City goal immediately booted the ball straight back to City which led to the build up of the third goal. Then they did the same again on the next kick off.

Rather than making City build towards an attack, they handed it to them on a plate. Not City's fault of course. Can't remember now who got relegated instead of Rangers but it was a foolhardy thing to do had the other team still been playing and scored the goal that would have put Rangers down.
  • Diddy Mau
    Apparently
    Liverpool have told Newcastle they can have Carol for 17m.
    tempting, but I say 12m and its a deal. Demba goes for 10m
    we have Cisse and Carol for nothing and money to spare
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi to all football fans. I am a season ticket holder for Everton. I think City and Chelsea are going to be the main contenders for the league this season.. Just sad I have to wait till Monday for the first match:(
  • LPalmer
    LPalmer Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well over the past year I haven't followed football that much, but that doesn't stop me being a very unhappy united fan!
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    And I'm just sitting here today in work with a big stupid grin on my face
  • James Patterson
    And I'm just sitting here today in work with a big stupid grin on my face

Love it!
  • James Patterson
    Diddy Mau wrote: »
    Apparently
    tempting, but I say 12m and its a deal. Demba goes for 10m
    we have Cisse and Carol for nothing and money to spare

You can't break up big papa and Demba!! Carroll would contribute nothing in comparison!
  • James Patterson
    crispy wrote: »
    Enjoy the game on Sunday and remember to please be gentle...

Just coming back to this; You were very unlucky, shame you didnt give Sharp more time to back a third as another super sub haha
  • James Patterson
    crispy wrote: »
    Saints have today announced they have agreed a fee of £12m for Uruguay playmaker Gaston Ramirez. Exciting times ahead.....

Didnt this bid get rejected by the way?
Privacy Policy