PTX exam - Oops!!

Options
Whirlwind
Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I sat the PTX exam tonight and I am carrying out the usual post-exam replay but with horrible results!!

I made a massive mistake with the written section on when the interest on a late payment is due. It wasn't until I was walking out of the test centre that I realised what I'd done. I had only calculated interest from the 31/1 after tax year, rather than from the payments on account dates. Heaven knows why I forgot it, or remembered it to late!! I was actually really happy as I had given a really comprehensive answer but now I know that I gave inaccurate info!!

Man oh man!! In all my past post-exam replay I'm never confident of a pass (11 out of 11 first time passes) but I've never completely messed the written sections - ok maybe waffled but not made serious errors!!

Sorry for the moan but needed to ...

Comments

• Bongo
    Bongo Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi,

I sat this exam last week, and to my surprise there was no written section in my CBA. I hope I didn't miss it!
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Wow - unfair or what!! But then I should have taken more time to really think about the scenario.

Ho hum bring on the next 6 weeks - although I have BTX to take in 5 weeks!!
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Bongo, I know someone else that never had the written section in their PTX exam either :huh:
  • Bongo
    Bongo Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks Chelle, that at least makes me feel slightly better! I made a note of all the questions that were human marked and I know there wasn't a written question. I was wondering if I had completely missed it by not scrolling down!
Privacy Policy