Who to study with... Please help :)

walksigirl
walksigirl Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello!

I've been browsing around the interwebs looking for who to choose for studying level 3 and 4 aat. I've just passed my level 2 (unofficially-officially until I get the certificate) and am eager to proceed!

Had a bit of a bad experience with an apprenticeship scheme gone loco :( The problem stemmed from me having a degree in a random subject and being used to the university style of learning - get the stuff in 3 hours and write 2500 words with your own studying skills :D Can't really be done with the way that college tutors (like high school teachers) dumb down and prolong stuff.

So home learning/distance learning is what I'm thinking at the moment.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

On my radar so far, I've found Home Learning College and Eagle, as well as mentions of Kaplan Premier?

Bit of a newbie so excuse me if anything I've said seems silly.

Thank you in advance!!

WalksiGirl

Comments

• SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    Im with Premier and would recommend them, very helpful over the phone!

I have only heard bad comments about HLC.

Eagle and Kaplan are also highly recommended! However I don't have any personal experience with them.

Premier uses Osbourne books I believe, Kaplan use Kaplan...

I would look at the prices of each and maybe call them up and see who catches your eye then. It seems everyone has their own preferred provider.

Any questions im here :)
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I would highly recommend kaplan as they seem to have better resources; theres a lot said about mistakes in books but overall they are great I think and much better than my previous experience - they have a great name with employers and I think you are more employable with a well known brand.

Martin
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I highly recommend Kaplan too! :-)
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
    I study with Kaplan I would highly recommend them x
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'd recommend Kaplan too. The only downside is sometimes it takes up to 48 hours to answer your query by email.
  • walksigirl
    walksigirl Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you all for the feedback! I've emailed Kaplan so I can put them forward (and tell my employer that they're recommended by people in the know :) )
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    best of luck :D
Privacy Policy