Nearly there!

gill65
gill65 Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
After 21 months of studying I am nearly there and I am so pleased it's almost over.
Studying has been quite a journey. I am in my late 40s, work full time, have two sons that I have supported emotionally & financially through College & University with my eldest graduating last week in Economics. (Proud mummy), youngest is due his A Level results soon!
Also I am a carer for my father who has had major health problems and is in hospital at the moment so off out visiting him tonight soon as I do every evening straight from work.

First time passes at all Level 4 exams with just Budgeting results to come (quietly confident it will be a pass).

It's been hard, tiring and sometimes I questioned why I was putting myself through this at my age but am so glad I have so to those of you have are having doubts, please, please don't give up however hard it seems....you WILL get there in the end even though the path may be twisty and the feeling at the end is amazing. Good Luck to you all. :001_smile:

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Inspiration!

Thank you for your post Gill - a great inspiration to all :D
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Truly inspirational post - let us know the outcome of your budgeting exam result :thumbup1:
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • gill65
    Thank you, will do, 4 weeks & 2 days since I sat the exam, hopefully any day now!!
  • whinpin
    whinpin Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    WELL DONE ! ! ! I totally agree with you it been an hard year. I'm 49 but sadly I've failed this year by two exam but I'll be back next year and I'll be 50 that means two party yipee. Well done and i'm sure you have passed budgeting.

Good luck for the future.

Pam.:001_smile:
  • gill65
    Thanks for your words of support and good luck Pam for those final exams.

Another amazing thing is that I have just received my feedback report for my Financial Performance exam and I "Exceeded" in every question, I am totally shocked. The calculations were fine but at my age I am not the fastest at typing so time was an issue for me. I didn't complete the last written question in as much detail as I would have wished but the content must have been spot on. I have read many of the forum posts about FNFP and time management which has made interesting reading.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Wow!!! Well done!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • aaron0121
    Exceeded every question wow you smashed that exam :)
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • gill65
    Done it!!!!! Passed budgeting, phew. So happy all over. MAAT for little old me!!!!
  • aaron0121
    Congratulations Gill MAAT :thumbup1:
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • gill65
    So now I am there and officially a MAAT I chanced my luck and have applied for a couple of jobs......BINGO.....been offered a new position paying up to £10k more than at present. For those of you struggling, please carry on, it will be so worth it in the end.:thumbup:
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hey, that is fantastic news Gill and well deserved after all your hard work! :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Well done!!! When did you take that exam?
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • gill65
    Hi,

I took FNPF 16th June & Budgeting 30th June.....results took almost 6 weeks to the day. Seems ages ago since I took the last two exams. Its lovely not having to fit the studying in anymore and having time for family, friends and holidays!!!
  • alvarez140
    alvarez140 Registered Posts: 16 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    that's very good!!!!! WELL DONE TO YOU...!!!
    I am a single mother of 2 little ones and work full time as a receptionist in the City of London and I know how hard it is to study and revise. I have pass my Level 2 and 3 and I am starting Level 4 in 2 weeks time. I am a bit scare because it sounds difficult, specially the project. I am really scared because english is not my first language!!!!!!

Are you doing anything else after AAT Level 4? I was thinking about ACCA but I think it will be too hard?

I am also concern about not having accounting experience!!!!!!!!! will I get a job without experience?

Diana :-)
  • gill65
    Hi Diana,

Lovely to hear from you, good luck with Level 4, it's a step up, more from a time point of view rather than the difficulty. For me the project was fine as I based it on my work experience rather than the scenarios. I am sure you will be okay as long as you are prepared to commit and accept that sometimes you may have to say no to something far more exciting than a "date with your books" lol !!

I have been lucky and have work experience so with that & the qualification finding another job seemed ok but I realise that not having experience can definitely affect your chances (currently my son is applying for a dozen jobs a day and it's hard for him at the mo, anything in the City of London available?????).

I would love to do ACCA now but need to start my new job first and then perhaps start in Feb 13 but at the mo am loving having "me" time. I have enjoyed the challenge and so wish I had done this years ago, qualifications change lives!

Good luck with Level 4

Gill x
Privacy Policy