Am I allowed to take lvl 2 & lvl 3 exams at the same time?

TyJac
TyJac Registered Posts: 42 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi guys,

I recently booked 3 exams date for level 2 study, which will take place in october, and the other two I can't book yet due to WEAF restructuring assessment method and the computerised accounting unavailability.

So I'm wondering whether it is possible to take level 3 exams without first completing level 2 studies, and take both side by side in october, as I want to book most exams in line with whatever dates the assessments centres have available; in order to complete my study asap.

Would it affect my right to claim level 2 certificate if I do so?

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi,

There have been other posts on here where people have done level 2 & 3 at the same time so I don't see any reason why not, especially as the 2 exams you mentioned are seperate and you don't follow through in level 3.

Good luck

Jan
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    I did level 2+3 in last academic year,mainly because i was finding level 2 too easy and i was asked to do level 3 as well by my college tutor.
    They basically fast tracked me through level 2 and i did level 3 at same time,i ended up with my last 2 exams in June being Sage and Spreadsheet software one of each.
    I passed everything first time and got my two certificates on the same day.
    So you should be ok based on my last year as far as i can see.
    I am now doing distance learning for level 4 and booking exams with kaplan in birmingham and taking my icas project with them too.
    I will book my first two exams next week,one end Sept and one end October and get my project underway.
  • TyJac
    Is spreadsheet software module hard? I been reading the osborne books for that module and the content inside it seems pretty basic as I've experience using excel. But in exams, what do they require us to do?

Also does AAT send us a certificate for each completed level or only sends one certificate for the complete 2-4 levels? Is it automatic or do we need to inform AAT that we completed that level, and request a certificate? Any payment required? As my friend is also studying AAT but he completed level 2 & 3, still awaiting results for all his level 4 exams, yet no certificates have been issued to him for the completion of level 2 & 3!

I also find Professional ethics module quite hard to retain the information that I've been learning through osborne books. For those who completed this module, did you actually memorised all the information and whether you still retained this knowledge as of now?
  • janwal
    Hi TyJac

I found the spreadsheet module pretty straightforward, it was exactly the same layout as the practice CBT and as long as you remember your formula, how to do pivot tables and columns etc, as you've got excel experience you should be fine.

AAT does send out a certificate after each level, I have one for l2 &l3, as soon as your statement of achievement is complete. There is no charge and it should come automatically, sometimes can be a while as they only print once month. My l2 took 2mths but my l3 only took 2 wks. Think your friend needs to contact them.

There is a lot to get round in Ethics, it's just a case of pin pointing things, I found I used the Osbourne e-learning test, the AAT Greenlights etc, a lot of the exam questions you can use your common sense. As for remembering it now.........what subject was it again lol.........

Jan
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    That alzeimers kicks in young then!!!!!
  • janwal
    That alzeimers kicks in young then!!!!!

I can use that excuse seen as I'm the wrong side of 40!!:lol:
  • TyJac
    Is professional ethics mostly multiple choice questions?

I just find it pointless to study something just to pass the exam, then completely forget about what have been learnt.

Is this one of those modules where you just need to pass the exams and then it is OK to forget about it after study, as it's not something that could be seen in the course of your work. Only later in your working live when needed, could use it as reference from books to remind yourself. So is this the case?
  • janwal
    Hi TyJac

Obviously somethings you learn will be retained and things like confidentiality etc are with you all the time.

The exam is a mixture of multiple choice and fitting things into the right sentence or column.

Have you printed off the AAT Ethics as a lot of things relate to becoming a MIP.

Jan
  • TyJac
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Hi TyJac

Obviously somethings you learn will be retained and things like confidentiality etc are with you all the time.

The exam is a mixture of multiple choice and fitting things into the right sentence or column.

Have you printed off the AAT Ethics as a lot of things relate to becoming a MIP.

Jan

You mean the AAT guidelines on professional ethics on their website? Is it not enough just to take in the information from osborne books to pass the exam?
Privacy Policy