Mixed feelings!

MarieNoelle
MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
I got the results 2 weeks ago of my ptax exam which I passed..so I am now qualified :001_smile:

However I got the results today of my 3rd option External auditing and got my first ever "not yet competent" in 3 years! :thumbdown:

I don't know if I should try to resit EXA whilst it is still fresh or just forget about it... The reason I've studied it was I thought I would try to do chartered after AAT but it now looks unlikely...I'd appreciate your advice....thanks!
MN

Comments

• SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    Many many people fail exams, it doesn't mean that you can't do it. For example a driving test... you could be ready but you need a little more practise or a different kind of practise.

I wouldn't let your hard work / studying go to waste! Try again and rethink it

Good Luck!
  • MarieNoelle
    Thanks SashaDella, I'll talk to my tutor at college to see whether I can resit it in September, although I am still not convinced...
    I just wanted level 4 to be over with!
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    Its 100% worth it and you'll feel much better once its passed! Its just a hurdle you have to jump over :D

September isn't long to wait either!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well, if you don't need it anyways, why not just give the auditing unit a rest?

I'm just a bit confused why failing one exam on AAT would be a reason not to do the chartered qual.
    I'd say if that's what you want, work for it and go get it.
  • MarieNoelle
    Thanks Rinske,
    Having the 3 options just gives me exemptions for ICAEW, and you are right it doesn't stop me from further studying.

I am now waiting to hear from my tutor. There is no point in trying to resit too early in september (I need time to revise after a well deserved break!) but if I wait too long I'll lose any motivation I may have left!
  • azzy
    azzy Registered Posts: 23 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    P.tax

Hi Marie,
    Congrats in passing your p.tax exam!!!
    i am due to take it on 6.9.12!!! any advise how it was????
    Many Thanks
    asma
  • MarieNoelle
    Hi azzy,
    I found it easier than Btax i sat a few weeks earlier, but I haven't had any feedback yet on it so I am not sure where I have done well and not so well. All I know is that I passed!

Good luck with yours!

MN
  • MarieNoelle
    Even more confused now!

Hi all,
    After my "not yet competent" result in EXA, I contacted my tutor to try and set a new date for a resit. She informed me that she had me as "competent" on her list. I then called AAT who said they would look into it and give me some feedback in about 10 days time. Every other day I have been checking on my assessment page with the same "not yet competent" verdict.

Until today. It shows as "competent". No email from AAT though.

I am just going to print my statement of achievement now before they change their minds again and never look back!

Yippee!

(a very relieved) MarieNoelle :001_tongue:
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Well done!! I am still waiting on some results and its still saying its under maintenance!! argh!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • MarieNoelle
    Thanks Sammmy!
    MyAAT showed this message too, that's why I printed out my statement straight away - they can't take it away from me now! :001_smile:

Good luck for your results!
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
    I didn't know you could do 3 options? I want to do personal tax but i have already done 2 other options and passed them. Do you have to pay extra? x
  • MarieNoelle
    Hi vickie,

I guess you can do as many options as you like, but some training providers do not give you a choice from what I understand.
    I didn't pay any extra but I was studying through college and the fees I paid included course and exams. So maybe they allowed for resits/ extra option in their fees?
    It's worth checking with your training provider.

I enjoyed PTAX - completely relevant for my job in a small practice!

Good luck with whatever you decide,
    MN
Privacy Policy