External Auditing- EXA Exam Level 4

angie2101
angie2101 Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has recently done this? I'm sitting my exam on Wednesday. How did you find it? Not looking forward to the written questions! :(

Any advice?

Thankkk you :)

Comments

• Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi,

I sat this in March and passed (1Exceeded, 22Met & 7DNM). There were three written questions and they were similiar to ones on the mocks except for one about 'disaster recovery plan'. Suprisingly my waffle on the 'plan' was the one I got an exceeded on!!!

I did notice that there were three options for audit opinion: unmodified, modified with unmodified opinion or modified with modified opinion - I had only learnt two!!

All the best with this unit - I know I struggled with learning it as it was such a dry subject.
  • angie2101
    Thanks! By the mocks do you mean the practice CBA's? I've been doing them finding them ok/ish! Is there actually anything about Disaster Recovery Plan in the book?!!

& Yes it is a very dry subject so well done on passing!! :)
  • vickie88
    vickie88 Registered Posts: 58 Epic contributor 🐘
    I found this exam very straight forward its just very wordy. I baffled on in the written questions and i passed it x
  • Whirlwind
    Sorry - I did mean practise assessments (brain soooo tired of studying).

Funnily enough I seem to fall across info on 'plan' after the exam. I think it was because I was more aware of it. Seems that loads of organisation have one for a 'just in case' scenario - riots, floods, etc. I'm even working on one for us at home!!

I found that you had to have quite a critical viewpoint of the situation to see where errors could arise and how to solve them. I just didnt enjoy the analysis side of it, viewing the scenario from a negative point of view. Fortunately I should only have to do bits of substantive testing for the auditor at work and will never have to complete an audit!!

All the very best, and let us know how you get on!!
  • angie2101
    I passed woooooooop wooop!
  • Whirlwind
    Many congrats!! Amazing news!!
Privacy Policy