Currently Doing Level 4 But want to go Self employed?

Options
rlo1212
rlo1212 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I'm currently studying my final year of AAT. I'm working as a finance assistant mainly on the Purchase Ledger side of things, but would really like to go out on my own. Not really sure where to start but any advice would be great, My dream would be to start my own practice in the near future.....

Comments

• mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You'll need to be registered, even as a student.

Take a look at this thread by Stuart W which should point you in the right direction

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?35334-Doing-a-bit-of-bookkeeping-You-need-to-be-regulated-by-AAT
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    The Student advice is this:

Students providing services to clients should be aware that they cannot advertise themselves in connection with AAT and must ensure they comply with our Code of Professional Ethics . We have produced guidance for our self-employed students at www.aat.org.uk/studentsinpractice

I started working for myself while I was a student, so it's all possible. Loads of "how do I start" threads on here - run a search :)
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    As an aside, I attended the Coventry Introduction to MiP on Saturday. It was very informative and came away with lots of things to think about. I'd reccommend this if they hold something like this near you.
  • rlo1212
    Options
    Will have a look Thankyou

mrb82 wrote: ยป
    You'll need to be registered, even as a student.

Take a look at this thread by Stuart W which should point you in the right direction

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?35334-Doing-a-bit-of-bookkeeping-You-need-to-be-regulated-by-AAT
  • rlo1212
    Options
    Thanks mrb82 i will have a look to see if there is one close.
  • rlo1212
    Options
    Thanks Monsoon, you have some great advice from what i have read on here. It is much appreciated :)
Privacy Policy