FAQ of an ICAS expert!

The Magician
The Magician Registered Posts: 96 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi there,

when composing the ICAS report, do I need to examine the entities relationship with internal and external stakeholders?

The BPP case study examines only the external stakeholder?

Also, as a distance learning student, is it true that if I submit a completed ICAS project in my first draft I may be asked to do it all over again? has anyone heard of this?

What really is the cost of AAT training if you do day release at college? Is it about Β£1,000 per level? I'm getting massive price differentiation!

Many thanks for your help!

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hello Magician

I covered internal and external stakeholders.

I studied ICAS with BPP which is who I think you may be studying with??? I was advised that if I submitted a complete first draft to my tutor I would be failed (I think) and need to start a new case study. However, I am aware that other colleges administer ICAS differently.

You mention the cost of AAT training if you do day release. The cost will vary depending where you study for example at a FE College or at a provider such as BPP/Kaplan/First Intuition etc.

Hope this helps a little.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • kiz89
    kiz89 Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
    hi magician,

im not sure about the internal and external stakeholders at the moment as i have not yet started the ICAS

But the one day release at college all depends on where you live and what college you like enroll at.

Im in bham and at college, but no course charge (depends on your income and how many hours etc) just resit charges and books i pay for.

kiz
  • marinaweg
    marinaweg Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Magician

My local college fees are about Β£1100.00 for level 4, this includes all books and exam fees.
    I don't think I could have done this level on my own, it really helped discussing difficult areas with my tutor and my fellow students. I have passed all exams the first time and have just started on my ICAS project and read the BPP sample and find that everything seems to get repeated in the appendices, I really do not see the point in this at all! How do you start on your terms of reference as I will need to submit this in 10 days time, I really do not understand any of it.

Good luck Marina
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Marina

Welcome to the forum :)

You need to speak to your tutor if you are having problems with ICAS. Are you completing this on a case study or work based? Don't focus too closely on the BPP case study as in another post there is mention that it does not cover all the requirements.

I am happy to try and help as are other forum members if you have any questions.

JC :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Marina

I am also strugging with ICAS, but after talking to my tutor on Thursday, she told me to do a bit at a time and not to try over thinking it. I am doing work based, so she suggested doing the company history and then because I work in Creditor payments to look at what happens from placing an order to paying for it. It has helped doesn't seem such a marathon.

Good luck

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Jan

Sound advice from your tutor. What students need to be mindful of is the word count for the project. Depending on the size of the company students may be able to cover all areas if it is small, however if it was a medium/large size company they may wish to focus on one area, for example, Payroll, Sales/Purchase Ledger etc.

Tackling the project is small chunks makes is far more manageable.

Good luck again.

JC :o
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy