Level 4 options

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi,

Of those who work in the public sector can you advise what options you take?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Whichever options suit your learning abilities to make completing level 4 as likely as possible.

Good luck.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Thanks stevef - I probs should have said if the employer is funding; what have people dont in that position? I was going to do the 2 tax options but I will more than likely now be doing cash mgt and business tax which isnt a problem.

Martin
  • stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I approve training spend for a Finance Dept in the public sector, and even when I am funding, as none of the options are public sector specific, I always say pick what you think you can pass. Resits are an expense I can do without.

When I was a studying, that was always the attitude I faced as well - get it done as soon as possible to reduce study leave and resit costs, by picking options that suit the individual.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Cheers for that steve.

When I was asked to get a cost of the level bar bgt as I self funded that I put down the 2 tax options but when he got back to me he said that he would look at that as some they couldnt support - I can only imagine that it will be business tax and cash mgt but you do make a good point about the individual as what is the case probs is that they in most cases would bear the cost of any resit so there is that need for flexibility.

Cheers again!
    Martin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Martin

I work in the public sector but haven't got a choice in my options as college have dropped BT in favour of Cash Mgment as the pass rate is higher. They are hoping to run BT as a seperate unit next year so may have a go.

How are you finding Budgeting?

Jan
  • MWAUGH1983
    Hey Jan,

The only thing im thinking about is if I want to be a MIP then PTX would benefit but suppose that would be me to sort. I am getting a bit of funding so I am grateful.

I had the revision for bgt last monday and I seem ok but want to cover bit more than go from there and hope to do the exam in november. I start my first evening class on wednesday for FNPF.

Cheers
    Martin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Martin

If you are doing FNPF next let me know how you go as we start that in December after Budgeting, exam is possibly on the 6th so will get a couple of weeks in before xmas break, althoug hols is going be spent revising FNST as exam is week after we return.

Hoping to start my project next week, just need my tutor to sign me up, was going to do it work based but causing too much hassle at work, so taking the less stressful option.

Good luck with Budgeting exam, any tips will be greatfully received.

Jan
  • MWAUGH1983
    If push comes I will probs go FNPF mid jan if I dont fit it in before christmas - think my next unit with kaplan is late january though having a few wks rest from the books will be nice so getting exam done prior to christmas maybe better.

Cheers - I have a few things to look at with bgt but im getting there!

Martin
Privacy Policy