My AAT - is it compat with iMac?

Options
Gina Bestwick
Gina Bestwick Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hi, I am waiting delivery of an iMac but after speaking to an AAT membership adviser earlier I am now panicking! She said I won't be able to do practice assessments on a mac. Is this correct? Any advice appreciated :crying::001_unsure:

Comments

• tillyjbc
    tillyjbc Registered Posts: 46 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Gina
    I use a Mac! Never had any problems accessing the practice assessments. The only thing I would say to remember is that when you sit your exams, you will be on a PC. (Sorry if you've taken the exams and already know this!). This is irrelevant for the CBTs as there is no difference in appearance, but I did borrow a PC for Sage and Spreadsheets units.
    Hope this helps!
  • Gina Bestwick
    Options
    Thanks Tillyjbc

I have had a pc since I started using computers but as we need a new one I have decided to try an iMac. I am used to pc's and last year passed Level 2 at college. Just flapping now as the lady on the phone today said I wouldn't be able to access the practice assessments on a mac. I am just preparing to do AP1, I see you have that under your belt already.

What browser do you use on the mac?
  • tillyjbc
    tillyjbc Registered Posts: 46 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Gina
    I use Safari. There was a post earlier about someone having trouble with the window size of CBTs on a Mac, but I don't know which browser they were using. I have never had any problems at all. Are you still studying through a college or have you moved to Distance Learning for Level 3?
  • Gina Bestwick
    Options
    I am studying at college 2 nights a week. I have spoken with Apple and it is on route so might still turn up and then i have the option of returning it. I really wanted to try a mac so might be brave.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi Gina, I too use a Mac and I don't remember any problems with the CBT (level 4), but I would recommend you get the Microsoft Office for Mac (for spreadsheet and your ICAS project).
    :001_smile:
  • Gina Bestwick
    Options
    Thank you both for your help. I am sat messing with my new iMac and have been on My AAT with no problem. I will be putting Microsoft for Mac on it soon so it looks like I am sorted.:001_smile:
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yay! Another convert! Lol
Privacy Policy