Level 3 exams

emma1990
emma1990 Registered Posts: 34 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi guys,

I am taking my AP1 exam tomorrow, how hard is AP2 in comparison? I have looked through some of the learning material and it doesn't look too bad but is this the case? I am basically studying at college but get a lot of time to study at work and am looking to study for some exams myself in order to finish early..

Would this be a good idea for indirect tax and cash management?

Comments

• missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Emma,

You will find AP2 much easier as it is putting together the financial statements while AP1 is doing all the adjustments.

If you're self-motivated then it is a good idea! Indirect tax you will be able to self-teach; it's not that hard, however with cash management there are some concepts that may need to be explained to you but by all means try understanding them yourself if you feel confident.

Good luck with all your exams :)
  • Petana
    Petana Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
    :thumbup: Good luck for today. My AP1 is on Thursday. I am getting nervous.:blushing:
  • billdoor
    billdoor Registered Posts: 129 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Good luck with your exams, emma and petana.:001_smile:

I have my Cash Management exam on Thursday, I've done it self-study over the last couple of weeks and have found it fine so far. That's at the stage of doing the Question Bank in my book, I've yet to do the practice assessments.

I'm also booked in next Thursday for Indirect Tax and I haven't looked at that yet - it's listed as a 1 week module on the BPP online learning timetable, which I use as my guide to how long I should allow myself to self-study, and I've heard that it's fairly straightforward.

I'd go for it.:thumbup:
  • Petana
    Petana Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thanks Billdoor. :thumbup:

You have a really fast approach. People like you motivate me :thumbup: Good luck for your exams :thumbup1:
  • emma1990
    Thank you very much everyone - I passed my AP1 with exceeded on most sections so I am very happy!
    I want to fast track through as sometimes it can be a bit slow at college as I manage to study at work but not sure how this will work..

I think I will definitely look in to self study for indirect tax and maybe cash mgmt too.. I have also started studying AP2 from the learning material on my aat, I am just determined to get through it!

Has anyone done the professional ethics exam?
    I am finding it so hard to get in to the book!

Good luck with your exams :)
  • emma1990
    Also if you go it alone, how does it work with costs?
    Do you have to register somewhere to do the exams?
  • billdoor
    Thanks Petana:001_smile:

Emma - hopefully you'll get a variety of answers, I'll start with:

You have to book yourself a place for your exam at an assessment centre. You'll be an external student if you're self-studying which may incur more charges.

For BPP I pay £36 for each Level 3 exam and it's really easy to organise; one quick phone call and I can usually get an exam the following week.

Kaplan wanted to charge me an extra fee for being an external student and I'm pretty sure the exam price was more expensive too. So I didn't use them.

I'm sure other people will give you prices for other providers. Do you know which providers have a centre near you?
  • emma1990
    So do you just pay for each exam and any study materials?

What happens if one of the exams needs to be done at a college or something?

Thanks for answering, are you on level 3 at the moment?
  • billdoor
    I'm doing Level 3 yep.

I'm not entirely sure how things work at college, so I don't know the process you already have there. My process for each module is this:

Pick a module
    Order the Textbook and Question Bank online (usually about £35 total)
    Phone up BPP and book an exam (£36)

If you don't already have the books from college then you can buy them online from different place. Then you pick an AAT assessment centre near you and book an exam with them. I think there's a list of AAT-approved centres on the AAT site somewhere and you can choose whichever one you like each time. Just give them a call to check their prices and available dates and they'll book you in, meaning that you'll sit the exam there and the results will feed through to AAT.
  • emma1990
    Oh wow that must save some money!
    I'm lucky at the moment that I have an apprenticeship but if I don't have one next year, would definitely save a lot of money!

Which exams have you done so far?
  • billdoor
    It's saved a lot of money compared to doing it distance learning, I'd recommend self-study for Levels 2 and 3 to anyone who thinks they'll be okay with just the books.:thumbup:

So far I've done AP1, AP2 and SPSW. I have CSMG tomorrow and IDTX next week. Hoping to have Level 3 finished in mid-December, all being well.:001_smile:
  • emma1990
    Good luck for tomorrow!!!! :)
  • billdoor
    Thanks, I've done five practice assessments today so I should be about ready.:laugh:
Privacy Policy