speed of studies

Options
zaf1987
zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi Its been 2-3 months since my last post, busy 3 months. Ive just sat my ap1 (2 months later than planned, as i had 2 months off.) and passed :) really pleased.

Im looking for advice on where to go now. Initialy my idea was to do the exams as fast as i can, and get level 3/4 completed asap an move to cima. Im having second thoughts as i dont work in finance related, and have no experience. Last thing i want is a whole load of qualifications and be overqualified and not gets jobs due to lack of experience.

Im due to start voluntary work at a charity soon. not sure whether i should go full speed ahead or pace myself, while building up experience and applying for vacancies.

Zaf

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    zaf1987 wrote: »
    Hi Its been 2-3 months since my last post, busy 3 months. Ive just sat my ap1 (2 months later than planned, as i had 2 months off.) and passed :) really pleased.

Im looking for advice on where to go now. Initialy my idea was to do the exams as fast as i can, and get level 3/4 completed asap an move to cima. Im having second thoughts as i dont work in finance related, and have no experience. Last thing i want is a whole load of qualifications and be overqualified and not gets jobs due to lack of experience.

Im due to start voluntary work at a charity soon. not sure whether i should go full speed ahead or pace myself, while building up experience and applying for vacancies.

Zaf

If you want to be a chartered accountant in the future I would go full steam ahead rather than slow down. When (if you have not already started to) you apply for trainee management accountant vacancies the fact that you have completed AAT quickly and are now on CIMA will look impressive to the person interviewing you. Plus you will have some accountancy related stuff to talk about at interview. The last thing you need is someone getting the job over you just because they have passed more exams and come across more keen/hard working. If you want to be a trainee management accountant then having AAT/starting CIMA will not make you look over qualified (however if you want to be a data entry clerk then AAT/CIMA will probably make you look over qualified).
Privacy Policy