Accounts Preparation 1 help!!

Options
mcd
mcd Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I have my accounts preparation 1 retake coming up soon and I am struggling with some of the topics.
This is a retake at the subject and was wondering if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction of some help

On my feedback reports I seem to get the following coming up repeatedly:

Ledger accounts for non current assets (I seem to struggle with the depreciation ledgers)
Accounting for accruals and prepayments
Adjustments for ETB
Reconciliations for control accounts and bank
AP knowledge

Would be grateful if someone could help on this subject even if it is going over the basic background

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

I also struggled with AP1 and passed 5th time!! It took me a very loong time. But I think what I learnt was that the key to this unit is understanding double-entry properly.

Which areas within AP1 do you stuggle with in particular?
  • mcd
    mcd Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I think I could be the same as you regarding the double entry learning. Tend to get thrown a bit when it comes to stuff
    like selling an item for example and having to do the accounts for depreciation, bank etc. Also questions where you have a balance b/f and you have to work out the total for that year which probably comes under accruals and prepayments
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

Apologies for the late reply
    I have some documents that were sent to me while I was struggling with AP1.. If you pass me your email address I can send you some documents.

Sorry if I'm too late and you've already done your exam!!!
  • taki
    taki Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    missm4ry4m wrote: »
    Hi

I also struggled with AP1 and passed 5th time!! It took me a very loong time. But I think what I learnt was that the key to this unit is understanding double-entry properly.

Which areas within AP1 do you stuggle with in particular?

Hi,
    Can you tell me is live exam similar with green light test?
    thanks
Privacy Policy