Quickbooks nightmare

Antoinnette
Antoinnette Registered Posts: 118 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I matched quiet a few items from an uploaded bank statement and saved them but clicked the review button by mistake when I started another session again and now all the previously matched items are showing as unmatched although in Accounts Payable they are all showing as paid. Has this happened to anyone else? Its really bugging me!

Comments

• JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Yes! it's happened to me on a a couple of occasions and I've not worked out how to fix it. very very frustrating!
  • imeldabye
    imeldabye Registered Posts: 147 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    QuickBooks has a few weird things like this :001_unsure:
    haven't come across this one before, but if you need to start afresh I think the only way to do it is to get to the transactions via accounts payable report and delete those relevant payments
  • Antoinnette
    Antoinnette Registered Posts: 118 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Its very odd because it doesnt even prompt you everything might be lost by clicking review...should come with a huge bright red warning! A call to the help desk and remote assistance hasnt done anything to help either. Thanks for replies anyway:-)
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Yeah, I think that to fix it you need to delete all the bills and payments affected and re-enter them, but if the VAT is already filed and the bank reconciled then it's a proper hassle!
    If you do want to do it though and get an error message saying that you cannot delete the bill as the VAT has been filed, you can go into the VAT register and click on the 'cleared' mark to unclear it, then delete it, then once it's re-entered go back into the register and mark it cleared again.
    Or just hope that next time they bring out an update the issue will magically vanish (as I do!)
Privacy Policy